Aztec 1:48 Tex 2: Anyone seen it?

Is it a prop? Yeah, but that forum seems to largely WW2 focused. Is it general discussion? Yeah, but that seems to be non modeling stuff. Is it a bird from today? Yes? So where would you like me to post it?

I assumed everyone was like me and looked at new content, rather than just visiting a particular subforum. In that way, it would be seen regardless of where I put it.

Hello @Specter1075

I got mine a couple of days ago; I plan to build it alongside the Isradecal I have on pre-order.

The decals look fine, and some parts have wonderful details, but others are missing or have errors; during the week, I'll write to them with some recommendations and try to get replacements.

Let me know if I can further help you.

P.S. I just saw your post by chance; I recommend the Props subforum the next time.

• 2 months later...

Hello @Specter1075

Today I got my IsraDecal kit; the replacement parts from Aztec came some weeks ago, so now I can compare the two.

At first glance, both kits require some elbow grease to get a decent result; for construction in the Aztec case and for detailing in IsraDecal's.

Panel lines and general details are crisper in Aztec's one but also have some casting and printing defects; the model has the cockpit and instrument panels for the C+ version; the 3D printed seats are one of the strong points; the canopy is vac-formed, and the instructions hint at an internal frame piece, but there isn't one included in the kit.

IsraDecal kit is mostly styrene, so construction must be more straightforward; panel lines and general detail are softer (the plastic also); the parts' molding is good bar some sink marks here and there; cockpit detail is almost non-existent with the instruments as decals, but with resin seats, a big plus is the styrene canopy.

Both kits have attractive markings and great decals (Cartograf for IsraDecal); I bought an extra cockpit and an armament set from Aztec to detail the IsraDecal kit.

These are my impressions at first glance; I'm not qualified to make kits reviews, but I will gladly help. If you need something more specific, please let me know.

Carlos

Edited by cruiz

Cruiz, this is a perfect reply, and exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much for taking the time to write it up! I also didnt see that Aztec did a cockpit set. I think I will stick with the Isracast version and fix it up as much as I can.

Thank you again! This was very helpful!