Replacement for Future

Top of the day guys! This may not totally be a Jets related topic but here goes. Johnson ceased producing Future in January 2022. Have we found a suitable replacement for Future? If so...please share.

Thanks!
Paul 

Edited by pminer

A replacement for future existed long before it was rebranded for the umpteenth time.  Tamiya X-22 or Alclad Aqua Gloss are much better products, formulated with the scale modeling world in mind.  Future is best resigned to being a mediocre floor polish.

Gunze GX100 or 110 which has a UV protectant additive to it. Both thinned with levelling thinner. Also both products have been on the market for some time and yield far better results than floor polish. I get what you might say from an economic point of view. But very few people are laying a gloss coat often enough for it to realistically be a thing.

I’ve only dipped one canopy. A resin canopy for my Fisher Cougar that was very hazy. No amount of polishing would make it crystal clear.  One dip and my mind was blown.  
What would y’all suggest for canopy’s like this? 

2 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

I’ve only dipped one canopy. A resin canopy for my Fisher Cougar that was very hazy. No amount of polishing would make it crystal clear.  One dip and my mind was blown.  
What would y’all suggest for canopy’s like this? 

AK makes a product called Gauzy that was made for exactly this.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:58 AM, lockheed2004 said:

A replacement for future existed long before it was rebranded for the umpteenth time.  Tamiya X-22 or Alclad Aqua Gloss are much better products, formulated with the scale modeling world in mind.  Future is best resigned to being a mediocre floor polish.

There always were alternatives to Klear, its just that Klear was very cheap. I think mine was £2 for a bottle.

AK Gauzy as shown above is one of those products that are better. I use it for cockpit dials, it works a treat on them. I use Klear on clear parts because I have it.

Clear parts dipped in Klear can look really good when done right.

Over here in Germany I use the Future deritive from Erdal called Glänzer or Emsal Glanz for my canopies. The good thing is that they won't fog when attaching them with superglue. Does Gauzy have the same effect?

BTW, applying the Emsal Kraftreiniger (Strong Cleaner) which is produced to get rid of old floor finisher will easily remove acrylic paints, clean canopies form future and even allows to strip enamels it just takes longer.

B/r

Michael