UK international mail disruption

A 'heads-up' for anyone who has ordered or is expecting anything that's being or has been posted from the UK this week - Royal Mail has been hit by a cyber/ransomware attack which has severly disrupted outgoing international mail services:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64231473

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64244121

Incoming mail is apparently less affected - eg., today I received an exchange decal sheet from Germany which was sent on Tuesday, which was the day after I'd sent a sheet that's not arrived there yet...

Yes, I was actually quite surprised that our german snail mail was that fast.... But they are probably making up for that surprise by waiting to deliver your sheet in two weeks... 😄

HAJO

Just saw on the Royal Mail website about this a little bit ago while trying to track an order I placed with Hannants last Monday (9 Jan).  I got a tracking number the next day, but haven't seen anything since then.  Hannants website only makes mention of possible shipping delays do to the strike, but nothing about this.

19 minutes ago, afspret said:

Just saw on the Royal Mail website about this a little bit ago while trying to track an order I placed with Hannants last Monday (9 Jan).  I got a tracking number the next day, but haven't seen anything since then.  Hannants website only makes mention of possible shipping delays do to the strike, but nothing about this.

I'm in the same boat.... I placed an order with Hannants on the 8th. Wonderful.....    Fred K.

16 hours ago, f5guy said:

I'm in the same boat.... I placed an order with Hannants on the 8th. Wonderful.....    Fred K.

Fred, I knew about the cyber attack above and placed my order on the 14th. Hannants shows it as being packed right now.  We will see. K/r, Dutch

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Fred, I knew about the cyber attack above and placed my order on the 14th. Hannants shows it as being packed right now.  We will see. K/r, Dutch

Hi Dutch,

Thanks for the intel. As of now I haven't gotten any communication at all from Hannants regarding my order. We'll see indeed 😉 Fred.

27 minutes ago, f5guy said:

Hi Dutch,

Thanks for the intel. As of now I haven't gotten any communication at all from Hannants regarding my order. We'll see indeed 😉 Fred.

Fred, 

If you created an account with Hannants, after you login into your account it takes you to the page below.  If you click the "View Order History" link (red oval), it will give you a record of all your orders and their status in reverse chronological order.

K/r,

Dutch

hannants_01.JPG.351b767ec20a016553c2b4ad9cfe25d3.JPG

Edited by Dutch
4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Fred, 

If you created an account with Hannants, after you login into your account it takes you to the page below.  If you click the "View Order History" link (red oval), it will give you a record of all your orders and their status in reverse chronological order.

K/r,

Dutch

hannants_01.JPG.351b767ec20a016553c2b4ad9cfe25d3.JPG

Thanks Dutch! I haven't persued it that far yet. Call me lazy! Fred.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Royal Mail have announced that international shipments have been restored for business customers as of today.
However international shipments for none businesses is still offering up problems but it possible.

I got my long delayed order from Hannants this past Friday. Hopefully things are up and running again. Fred.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:06 AM, f5guy said:

I got my long delayed order from Hannants this past Friday. Hopefully things are up and running again. Fred.

In that case Hannants must have been taking them to the post office to process one by one but the RM offered no batch business service until they announced it was restored 🙂 

We could send international shipments, it was just the amount of paperwork required that stopped people, and especially businesses.

Companies like Hannants have a system to pick pack label and bag their international orders and then the post office pick the bags up.
The RM system that allowed Hannants to print their labels was down. The amount of orders made keeping up with demand impossible.