question about a model that supposedly released recently, (lancaster?)

Recently read in a magazine about a plastic WW2 bomber kit that was so detailed you literally had pieces for every stringer, stiffener, floor panel, keel, ribs, skin panel...etc from front to back, top to bottom. It was in the neighborhood of 800 some odd dollars...but for the life of me, I cant remember where to find it - much less what actual aircraft it was. Anyone have any inkling of what model I am referring about? Would really love to know and get a hold of it...thanks in advance!

On 1/14/2023 at 1:32 AM, utley said:

Recently read in a magazine about a plastic WW2 bomber kit that was so detailed you literally had pieces for every stringer, stiffener, floor panel, keel, ribs, skin panel...etc from front to back, top to bottom. It was in the neighborhood of 800 some odd dollars...but for the life of me, I cant remember where to find it - much less what actual aircraft it was. Anyone have any inkling of what model I am referring about? Would really love to know and get a hold of it...thanks in advance!

You mean the 1/32 Border Models, ex-WNWs Lanc my wife bought me for Christmas.? 😛

Lucky...wish I had someone caring enough to get me one. Alas, I must work myself to earn it. And earn it I shall....not much of a WW2 era guy, but I can get behind that kit...and a B-17 or -29 in that scale...

Edited by utley
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 6:27 AM, JohnEB said:

Is it just me or do some parts of the B-17 kit seem off?

Have there been any reviews or consensus on the kit?

Yes... The 48 year old Monogram is far more accurate. In fact the Monogram is, to this day, the only kit to get the symmetrical tear drop wing airfoil correct, which is amazing. And the mouldings are still so fresh they are indistinguishable from an early 1975 issue, except the clear parts look slightly more polished(!)...