Offical Paint Products (time machine ride)

Looking through old magazines (1967) and saw and ad for Official Paint by Official Products of West Orange New Jersey. Looks like a great line of paint with Luftwaffe, Japanese, US, and  Britain well represented. They've even got USN Blue Gray which no one else produced till Floquil in the nineties! Anybody use this or have a dried out bottle in their paint museum? I did a search but nothing came up due to their rather generic company name and they've been out of business for decades. I can post the ad if anyone's interested.

Tanks,

Quite an eloquent rendering of the history. Too bad the formulation didn't hold up. I've got containers of Pactra "international" and Humbrol 'authentics' purchased in the seventies that are still quite use-able! Ah, the good old daze. Here's a link to a more protracted discussion w/ photo:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/what-old-paint-is-this-t523145.html

Tanks a lot!

I had the opportunity to acquire and use a number of Official Paints back in my (once-upon-a-time) era of model building.  They were brushable and the colors were 595 equivalents.  I turned out some nice-looking kits during the very short shelf-life of these paints.  And yes. they could turn to jello in as little as six weeks.

I had seen the advertisements and in 1968 I had orders to 3AF HQ in the London area. Since I was departing via Dover AFB, and had to drop my car off at Bayonne NJ, I looked up the Official outlet and bought a bunch of paints that I hand carried on the plane. I think I actually was able to paint one model with them before the entire batch turned to pudding. 

At least the Humbrol Authentics I subsequently purchased in the UK g AC be commendable service