Heller 1/48 RF84F.

It's a forty four year old tooling that wasn't state of the art when it was new. That being said, it fits well and looks like a RF-84F when finished. In my opinion it is far from "horrible" and for what you paid for it is a distinct bargain. 

Edited by Cat Barf
  • 1 month later...

I just got one recently for a song, and bought the Caracal Decal set to dress it up.  As CatBarf said, it looks like an RF84, and you're not a stickler for state-of-the-art kit engineering, you'll like it.  I appreciate the low part count, and the simplicity of the kit.

Rod

SDC19127.JPG

I built this kit several years ago as a commission build.  I added the cockpit and open canopy from the Monogram F-84F.   I thought it turned out pretty nice and the customer was very happy with it.   I have plans to build a couple more for my own collection.   It is definitely not a wasted purchase.

Edited by Drifterdon
7 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

I built this kit several years ago as a commission build.  I added the cockpit and open canopy from the Monogram F-84F.   I thought it turned out pretty nice and the customer was very happy with it.   I have plans to build a couple more for my own collection.   It is definitely not a wasted purchase.

Agreed! For its age is still a nice kit and unfortunately the only one in this scale since Tanmodel's kit vanished from the face of the earth.