Trumpeter 1/32 F - 100D Super Sabre

Hi guys, Here is my recently finished F-100D Super Sabre, which was assigned to the 20th. TFW in the 1960's.. here is a list of adds. and mods. I made to thr model :

New wheels of the correct diameter

Replacement pitot probe with scratch built mounting ( The kit one looked more like a drain pipe ! )

AMS resin ejection seat

Eduard  instrument panels

Video Aviation MN 1 practice bomb carrier

Decals were a mix of Eagle Strike, Campro and kit decals ( The wing badge was home made, as the  one on the sheet was not really correct )

All comments ( good or bad )  gratefully accepted 🙂

Hobby Photo Host- F-100D 20th. TFW, by Patemm.webloc Hobby Photo Host- F-100D 20th. TFW, by Patemm.webloc Hobby Photo Host- F-100D, 20th. TFW, by Patemm.webloc Hobby Photo Host- F-100D, 20th. TFW, by Patemm 2.webloc

Many thanks for your kind comments . . . It's much appreciated. This is probably my favourite model, and one of my favourite airplanes, along with the F-104 Starfighter. I do have a soft spot for the F-100, as I live not far from the 20th. TFW's former home at Wethersfield. and spent many a day during the school holidays at the end of the runway watching their activities. They would stop about 200yards from us while doing their last minute checks before turning on to the runway ( After a wave from us ) and then blasting off down the runway . . . happy days. Sadly, that's all gone now, but this model  brings back happy memories of younger days  :cheers:

7 hours ago, hooter said:

They would stop about 200yards from us while doing their last minute checks before turning on to the runway ( After a wave from us ) and then blasting off down the runway . . . happy days. 

I think a lot of us can relate to that joy.

Gene K