Hello people!
This is my first post here, I will be building the infamous 1/32 Revell UH-1D Gunship with the Dominican republic air force paint scheme and configuration, I'll be building the UH-1H FAD 3032, I want to try to do the best I can to get this kit up to today's standards.

Uh-1d Huey Gunship Revell Escala 1:32 | Envío gratis 

fad 3032

Edited by Moixmodels

This project will have a lot of 3D printed parts, especially in the cockpit, I found some free files on the internet and got the help of a friend to really improve the cockpit. 
This file has 4 important things, the collectives, the seats, the pedals and cyclic. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4725031
Captura de pantalla 2023-01-18 154958

I had to scale them down on the printer slicing software, but the details on these pieces are astonishing and really improves the cockpit over the old and thick plastic parts of the kit.
IMG_20230114_101304
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 7.36.20 PM

Also, a friend of mine is lending me a hand in designing some seatbelt buckles for this build, he has amazing skills.
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 3.36.53 PM
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 3.36.53 PM (1)

• Moixmodels changed the title to Revell UH-1D 1/32

Well, this kit came with a lot of pieces I am not going to use, fist of all, as far as my research has come, I can say no UH-1D used gunship configuration, so it's not accurate anyway from the box.
But since I am building a UH-1H on regular configuration, I started building the tubular frame for the bench with 1.6mm styrene rod.

IMG_20230115_192720

It is looking great so far.  I really like the 3D printed parts.  Any plans to sell them?  Do you also plan to print the inner B pillar parts?

23 minutes ago, Moixmodels said:

...as far as my research has come, I can say no UH-1D used gunship configuration...

You are correct.  UH-1D/H models were generally "slicks" (troop carriers), not gunships and carried M23 doorgun mounts only.  

Edited by HeavyArty
23 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

It is looking great so far.  I really like the 3D printed parts.  Any plans to sell them?  Do you also plan to print the inner B pillar parts?

I would need to ask permission to the designer, since it's a free file, I wouldn't want to risk any legal consequence by selling prints of their work, about the pillars, I'm not sure how I am going to make them, 3D print would be a bit complicated in this case, but I will try to figure it out as the build progresses.

The bench is finished!
Using aluminium paper from chocolate hazelnut spread cap, which has an interesting feeling, it can wrinkle, but resists to become a mess in your hands, it's thick enough that you can work with it and leaves nice texture for seat cushions and in this case, the canvas on the bench seats, every time a bottle is opened in my house, I save the paper hehe.

IMG_20230116_003438
IMG_20230116_003410

30 minutes ago, UH-1Mad said:

You might as well print out a new windshield/nose for that kit! The butchered nose makes the kit unbuildable for me..

I honestly don't think it looks that bad, the bubble glass on the chin should be bigger, but there's nothing I can do about that, I'm happy with a fairly close representation of the subject.

9 hours ago, Moixmodels said:

I honestly don't think it looks that bad, the bubble glass on the chin should be bigger, but there's nothing I can do about that, I'm happy with a fairly close representation of the subject.

and that is all that counts my friend!

Little details matter, looking at the model from the bottom I noticed a lack of spice, it seemed pretty empty for me, so I decided to make the wiring behind the instrument panel, I don't know how accurate is this, because I couldn't find any exact reference picture for this, but whatever is better to leave an empty and visible hole behind the panel.
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-17 at 6.11.02 PM

Also, in this picture you can notice I removed the oversize door hinges and fitted some styrene to cover an ugly gap, I decided to leave the cockpit doors completely closed, since they are very hard to fit.
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-17 at 6.35.58 PM

8 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

What era are you replicating?  Vietnam would have grey in the cockpit area as well, with the seats in Olive Drab.  If you are doing a late 80s and beyond then your paint scheme is correct.

Just food for thought.

Floyd

I am building the UH-1H FAD 3032 from the Dominican Republic Air Force from around 2012 - 2015 

fad 3032

Edited by Moixmodels

Well, after some dry brushing and detail painting the cockpit looks like this, Maybe that amount of color is not completely accurate, but at least gives more color and interest to the cockpit.
I am planning to simulate the instrument dials cristal wit UV resin, it works in my head, I will see how it turns out, if I don't post more pictures is because I messed up hahaha
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-20 at 12.54.05 AM

I have a Revell 1/32 UH-1D in the cabinet, started build but never finished for more than 20 years. Maybe I can resume someday after I see your build here. May I suggest you add the wall thickness to your helicopter since it it obvious if the cabin doors are going to be opened. Here’s my neglected helo.

WPcpxJek7Rs0vmWWozoWHozSyxOpPOWlZOfgllhQ

Would you be able to share your scaled down stock file of the seats?