F-4 Phantom Alabama Air Guard on display in or near Gadsden Alabama

Does anybody know where the Gulf War Era F-4 Phantom from the Alabama Air Guard is on display at.  I seem to remember driving thru Gadsden AL and it was on the side of the road.

The story I read I think said that the pilot of that aircraft got the Air Force to put it on display in his home town.  I first saw it back in the early 2000's and I believe at that time it was in the median of a divided highway. Last year we drove by it and I recall that they moved it to the side of the road.  I believe it was an RF-4C in the later 2 gray color camo scheme.

Anybody know of this aircraft and it's exact location?

Thanks for any help,

Steve Sliger 

Greenwell Springs, LA

5 hours ago, GeneK said:

http://www.tinfeathers.com/Museum/Airports/VFW_4850/VFW_4850.htm

I may have to check that one out ... just because ... it's not too far off I-65.👍

Gene K

That is the website I found to located it.  But it looks like the paint scheme is all dark gray. What a shame,  it is not even an accurate representation of how the real aircraft appeared in Desert Storm.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

On 1/19/2023 at 9:22 AM, Bo105flyer said:

GPS Coordinates, good the next time I ferry an aircraft to Cullman. AL, I will swing by and see it from the air.

Thanks,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

For what its worth I live in Cullman and I have sent lots of time at Folsom Field.

On 1/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, Bo105flyer said:

But it looks like the paint scheme is all dark gray. What a shame ... .

Well, I didn't make it to Jasper, but sounds like Vince may be able to get up there for some better photos.

Gene K

On 1/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, GeneK said:

Well, I didn't make it to Jasper, but sounds like Vince may be able to get up there for some better photos.

Gene K

I haven't had a reason to go to Jasper in a couple of years. With where I live in Alabama , Jaspers is a bit off my normal path. But, I know someone who lives there,so I'll see if he can take some pics for me.

On 1/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, Vince Maddux said:

I haven't had a reason to go to Jasper in a couple of years. With where I live in Alabama , Jaspers is a bit off my normal path. But, I know someone who lives there,so I'll see if he can take some pics for me.

From the website I saw where I discovered it was actually in Jasper and not Gadsden, the aircraft had been painted but not in the color scheme of its service in Desert Storm but it looks like in an over all dark gray.  It’s a shame if this is still true.  I first saw it 25 something years ago it was  in the orginal scheme it wore in Desert Storm. It was getting dark  outside when I saw it last year so I could not see the color scheme it was in.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

Saw it once on my way to the B’ham airport to pick up my daughter when she got leave a few years back. Stopped to walk around it a few minutes. Seems like it had some minor issues and the birds had paid many visits, but still worth the side trip. There’s a pretty good bbq place there too!

Jeff