ID for Spanish Civil War Aircraft: I-16

Hello guys!

Back from a long retirement from modeling, I want to share my tragedy...

I started again completing a tiny Revell  I-16 1/72. I kept it inside a bag for 11 years. I worked happily on it during last 2 weeks and just about to complete decaling, the ID codes "CM-127" completely desintegrated when getting in touch with the water...😣. My bad for trying to use such old decals from ESCI older than me. Now, it is too late to change a version and the only options left are:

1. Try to paint them by hand or masking for airbrush (unlikely)

2. Find the right Font, download it and print the ID myself

3. Find a caritative soul that could share a similar replacement

In the meantime, this one will have to wait again in the "to complete" list...

Comments or suggestions are welcomed! Thank you

polikarpov_I-16-Mosca.jpg

calcas.jpeg

i-16.jpeg

If you are willing to buy an aftermarket decal sheet for your (very nice-looking!) model, there are at least two to choose from:

(1) PrintScale 72-101: https://www.printscale.org/product_309.html

(2) Begemot 72-043: http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=93 (100 options!)

Unless you plan on building a lot of I-16's, I'd recommend the PrintScale sheet; it's probably easier to find, too, although I checked Modelimex, and it's marked, "ask us", so I'm guessing you might have to wait a while to get it from that source.

John

Thank you John!!! Both decal options are very colorful and complete...I will try to get one. Your suggestion is highly appreciated

I found a high-resolution picture of a 1/32 decal which shows more clearly the lettering. After some time playing in word/powerpoint, the closest font I found is named: AGENCY FB if going for the alternative of printing the decals to change the number or unit of the aircraft

Hope these tips are useful for those who like to build this little bird

Saludos

I-16 calcas.jpg