Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 30, 122nd FW Indiana ANG

Hi, 

Long time lurker, first post. Here is my recently completed Tamiya 1/48 F-16. It's a Block 30B smallmouth representing 85-1504, one of the last F-16s to leave Fort Wayne before their transition to A-10s in 2010. This aircraft was built mostly out-of-kit, using the Block 25/32 ANG version. I pulled the GE engine components from the Aggressor kit. The seatbelts, pitot, and AOA sensors are from the Tamiya Detail Up pack, the CATM-120Bs are a mix of ResKit and Eduard resin. The AMD pod is a modified AIM-9M from the kit. Decals are from Speed Hunter Graphics lovely "Heritage Vipers" sheet, while the missiles decals are from Two Bobs CATM/ACMI sheet. 

Build was very straight forward with the commonly mentioned challenges present. Plenty of mistakes along the way, but this is only my fourth aircraft build, and the next ones, of which there'll be many, will be better. 🙂

F16_4.jpeg

F16_1.jpeg

F16_2.jpeg

F16_3.jpeg

Thanks!

Yes I'm simultaneously looking forward to seeing which sub variant F-16 FWA will get, along with what their new tail art will look like, while knowing I'll miss the variety of having A-10s nearby, as I already get to see TOL's F-16s daily.

Looks great and a FW bird is on my short list as I grew up in central Indiana.  In my day, it was AFRES A-10s from Kokomo flying over my house and going to Terra Haute to see the Phantoms. 

I just starting a MI ANG build from a Hasegawa kit as I'm getting back into the hobby but am looking forward to building the Tamiya kit after that.