Modern warfare-drones are boring for modeling

The nice thing I find with them from a modeling perspective is that they a easier and go together quick. I usually don't get much modeling done in the summer months and when winter comes and I have time and it usually takes a bit to get my modeling mojo back up and running, a drone is a nice way to get back into it. They are quick and in a weekend or two you have a finished kit and ready to go on a bigger project.

Ron

5 hours ago, ST0RM said:

I think I've got a tree of Firebees from the Italeri kit, out in the shed. 
Any chance of the "Tomcat" decals? Or others?

I designed some ten sets of AQM-34L/M decals. About half were tested on my converted Italeri Firebees, as seen here:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/aqm34.htm

The markings are generally so small that only an Alps printer can do them justice. Since my printers are broken, I would have to outsource the job.

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie

Jeff, I suggest you go to the caracal decals and suggest it.  It was brought up several times when the icm DB-26 and JD1 kits were about to be released. Another voice might be enough to get him to do some drone markings. 

Nope, no interest in building drones, but there are more models that I want to build than i have time to, so this is not a problem for me.  It seems there is something for everyone.  Someone must want to build them as model companies are offering them.