Italeri 1/48 V-22 Osprey upgrades?

I am building the Italeri 1/48 V-22 Osprey, and I would like to add some exterior detail upgrades, like new antennas & other self-protection systems. I was hoping to do an Osprey similar to the Hurlburt Field Special Ops Ospreys.  I am NOT interested in opening up engine bays or other maintenance panels. A search did not turn up anything. Anybody know of anything along those lines? I don't think I will be opening up any doors or ramps.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
Reworded post

The Italeri is supposed to be MV-22B and looking for a CV-22 information. 

Black Dog has this set.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/black-dog-a48047-cv-22-b-osprey-conversion-set--1154348

Hasegawa released this 1/72 CV-22, might be able to get more ideas of what needs to change.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02074-cv-22b-osprey-us-air-force--225816

HTH

The 1/48 V-22 is underserved by aftermarket. There has never been much for it.  Beside the Black Dog parts, Lone Star Models sells what was originally a Cobra Company V-22 detail set.  It's mainly a cockpit and interior details, but comes with a new piece to correct the shape of the hump just aft of the wings. 

Thanks for the responses.

Considering my SLOW build rate, maybe I should just set the kit on the AWP Shelf, and hope someone comes out with a more comprehensive CV-22B conversion set for the Italeri kit. :whistle:

Larry

It can be done (!), at least the MV-22 version. Check out Xtradecals, they make a couple of decal sheets with great details like stenciling, vents, steps and things. I'm not sure color wise how they'll work with the CV-22 but worth a shot.

I reshaped the hump on the wing center, dropped flaps, moved the rudders, improved the cockpit, added seat belts, built bulkheads, life raft, chaff/flare dispensers, hand holds, opened the side door, and remade the windscreen wipers to name a few.  Most of this would apply to the USAF version too but the earlier mentioned Wolfpack set is about the only thing for a 1/48th USAF version.  I built my Italeri soon as I heard that Hobby Boss were releasing their MV, I figured the CV version wouldn't be too far behind but so far nothing.

4XurjHa.jpgvkx9nVh.jpgo3d8DSi.jpg

Great job on your model! I don't plan to do much of anything to the interior, and won't be opening up any doors. I just want to add the external "bumps", to try to better represent a Hurlburt based CV-22(?) Osprey.

Larry

I've been looking at this photo of a Hurlburt Field CV and seeing what the Black Dog set includes, it does have a few useful pieces included but it has left quite a few things out. I think the plethora of bumps will mostly have to be scratch built.  I'll just have to wait patiently for any new offering or good CV conversion for the Hobby Boss MV-22....

A_U.S._Air_Force_CV-22_Osprey_tiltrotor_

Great photo of a Hurlburt Field CV-22! You're probably right about having to scratch build most of the "bumps". Would love to be able to do a walkaround of one of those birds.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak