Vintage Flyer decals

Vintage Flyer decals are very good from my experience.  The decals are designed to fit the recommended kits, and do so precisely.   They are time consuming to use as the decals are printed on a continuous clear so every decal needs to be carefully cut out.  Keep track of what decal you are applying as in some cases, like with my Roden 720B, the decals around the nacelles are fitted exactly inboard with compressor humps and outboard without, so the length is a bit different.   Color density is good, not always the best but depending on what you are building should not be an issue.  Personally I like Vintage Flyer products quite a lot.  Draw Decal is similar and their products I find to be very good also.    

7 hours ago, aircal62 said:

Vintage Flyer decals are very good from my experience.  The decals are designed to fit the recommended kits, and do so precisely.   They are time consuming to use as the decals are printed on a continuous clear so every decal needs to be carefully cut out.  Keep track of what decal you are applying as in some cases, like with my Roden 720B, the decals around the nacelles are fitted exactly inboard with compressor humps and outboard without, so the length is a bit different.   Color density is good, not always the best but depending on what you are building should not be an issue.  Personally I like Vintage Flyer products quite a lot.  Draw Decal is similar and their products I find to be very good also.    

I agree with aircal62. Careful trimming is required. I also recommend familiarizing yourself with the sheet and instructions to ensure the decal you are trimming and its proper placement, then proceeding with one decal at a time.  I too have had excellent results with VFD & Draw Decal.

Kind regards,

Dutch

Not sure if this will help, but my experience with Draw is they were VERY thin and curled when sliding of the paper.

I don't know if VF would be any better, but as my first use of aftermarket airline decals, I'd exercise caution.

Please note, I'm not saying they're bad, just that, even carefully following instructions, had trouble putting them on.

So by all means, as Dutch said, take your time and plan accordingly.

Edited by JohnEB
  • 2 weeks later...