FineMolds F-14

Hi, first of all, forgive me for my rusty English :-) Now, as title says, I'm about to start bulding FineMolds F-14, and since I've decided to open some panels I'm not sure what color should I paint them since I think that I've red somewhere that they should be white but I think that FM suggests they are interior green... Also, what is cokor of inside of radome? I will appreciate any help, regards :-)

The DACO book could be very helpfull on this point. Gun compartment seems white, as the door as weel as the doors, as the front one on the right part of the fuselage, but there are a lot of color in the equipments. The second one on the rigth seems white also, but it could be zinc chromate too on the picture of the DACO book. The spine seems zinc chromate, but it may depend on the ligthing. the interior of the radome seems dark, maybe interior green indeed. You could find a lot of walkaround on the internet but my adivse would be to buy the DACO book. 

Be carreful in the order of building of the front landing gear including the little doors ! Its tricky and you have to rehearse to find the right order

from my point of view it should be :

1 - main door (be carreful ! thery are not vertical)

2 - the small doors (they are not vertical neither)

3 - the landing gear

4 - the piston

5 - the small tank 

6 - the small part  like that  \__/  (A27)           

1374304537_trappeavant.thumb.jpg.1a56e0ed5e2483ba0a156c2748857070.jpg

If you want more details, I have posted it here (it is in French - spoiler : the kit includes a lot a shapes mistakes ...)

Colargol

Depending on what panel you open will determine what the color would be, all gun panels were white except for the forward two most panels (gun blast port or commonly known as the hair dryer panels, those were dull aluminum).

For the inside of the radome, there wasn't a standard color, the color would range from a very light grey/light white to a light tan (radome tan). The inside of the radome was unpainted fiberglass, it was not painted.

hth

GW