A-10C with Hellfire missiles?

Unfortunately no. There was talk of this back in the late 90's early 2000's ?? ( can't remember the date ). My old unit, 111th FW, was used for R&D by a local company who was developing the racks for the Hellfire, to "test fit" their design. We uploaded their racks and hung fiberglass Hellfires on them so they could take measurements and see what looked good and, what could be done better. They visited a few times and then never returned.

It would have been an awesome addition for the A-10. They were looking at loading them on stations 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and, 9. Stations 4, 5, 7, and 8 would need to be wired for EO capability, this was supposed to be part of the A-10C upgrade. Two missiles per rack would have been quite the punch. These two pics show what they would have looked like, I'm on the right.

Steve

IMG_5536_zpsydqdb2vh.jpg

58183637-2cdd-41c6-bc8c-69abeb476fcf_zpsmuqavzmv.jpg

Very interesting, Steve!  I never knew any of that work went beyond bar napkin drawings.

There was talk/hope of integrating the JAGM (Hellfire replacement) with the Hog to replace the Maverick.  It likely will never happen.

[Removed my comment that started the the thread away from your original question.. sorry, Raptor.777]

Edited by Guard Hog
comment sent the discussion away from the question

4 hours ago, Guard Hog said:

the AF's never-ending crusade to rid itself of the A-10... 

Let see now, the A-10 was introduced into service around 1978, and this is 2023...thats 45 years of trying to get rid of an airplane.  Must not be trying hard enough.

2 hours ago, Geoff M said:

Let see now, the A-10 was introduced into service around 1978, and this is 2023...thats 45 years of trying to get rid of an airplane.  Must not be trying hard enough.

Congress keeps stepping in.

I do believe the current Russian/Ukrainian conflict will give management the ammo it needs to rid itself of most (all?) the A-10 units.