First of 2023 Eduard 1/48 Phantom II

Continuing my Phantom building phase.  I built Eduard's version of the Academy F-4C "Good Morning Da Nang".  I have built several Academy F-4s and they are a little more finicky than say a Hasegawa, but they are more detailed. I built this one out of the box.  Here are the pics.

IMG_1094.thumb.jpg.3f64ba2a9122d225e1b88943ab214f66.jpgIMG_1095.thumb.jpg.296f84f743bf408ae067cdae384efe19.jpg

IMG_1097.thumb.jpg.3ffc82fbb21e3ddc7300702eb77fd9ef.jpgIMG_1098.thumb.jpg.3cc6106292361f1dd9a3136de42c3021.jpgIMG_1099.thumb.jpg.d03f2d16db925451cdb38592120c22e4.jpg

Thanks for looking

IMG_1096.jpg

I used a mask to do the lower camo gray, then freehand for the top.  I have recently switched to using Mr Color lacquers and they have much better control of where the paint goes than any paint I have used before.

Edited by Geoff M
21 hours ago, Geoff M said:

I used a mask to do the lower camo gray, then freehand for the top.  I have recently switched to using Mr Color lacquers and they have much better control of where the paint goes than any paint I have used before.

Geoff,  Thanks for that paint guidance.  I am still using Testors Model Master enamels, but am almost at the end of my stash and they are getting too scarce and cost prohibitive to source, so I am looking for an alternative.  Probably the subject for another thread in a different forum. But thanks. Again, splendid results.  K/r, Dutch

Hi Dutch

I still have quite a few Model Master paints but i have gaps in the necessary colors.  I tried a lot of paints, I wanted to go with something less aromatic for indoor painting sake: Vallejo, Mission Models etc.  They are too fragile for my painting techniques (lots of masking) and require thinning and additives.  I tried primers and I just couldn't get them to work.  I listened to some podcasts and one of the guys really liked Mr Color.  I gave em a try.