Kitty Hawk 1/48 UH-1N Twin Huey Query

So I have an opportunity to get one of these kits so I can build a Canadian Twin Huey, but I found this build vid on youtube and was wondering if the kit is really as bad as the guy in the video says?

The guy is an idiot.  It is a great model.  The one area that needs extra care is the placement of the engine shelf on the rear wall.  There are no lines to glue it on as implied in the instructions.  Be careful and you will get it all lined up.

Other than a few issues with the instructions (mis-labeled parts), the fit was excellent on the kit I built. The only real issue with the kit is it has all of the details of the late Novembers molded to the fuselage and the instructions don't tell you what to remove for the early variants. 

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof
On 2/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, Dave Roof said:

Other than a few issues with the instructions (mis-labeled parts), the fit was excellent on the kit I built. The only real issue with the kit is it has all of the details of the late Novembers molded to the fuselage and the instructions don't tell you what to remove for the early variants. 

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

Didn't they include the UH-1D rotor blades, necessitating some blade modification (or parts swapping with the Italeri UH-1N) to get the correct UH-1N blades?

Regardless, they easily have the best UH-1N nose shapes of any kit in any scale thus far.

Edited by PBoilermaker
ETA
On 2/4/2023 at 1:52 PM, Dave Roof said:

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

Gorgeous build Dave.   Love the subtle weathering.  One of the best N's I've seen.

8 hours ago, PBoilermaker said:

Didn't they include the UH-1D rotor blades, necessitating some blade modification (or parts swapping with the Italeri UH-1N) to get the correct UH-1N blades?

Regardless, they easily have the best UH-1N nose shapes of any kit in any scale thus far.

Yes, forgot to mention that. My solution was to buy a few Italeri UH-1D's as they have the November main rotor. Swapping rotors give you the correct one for each.

4 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Gorgeous build Dave.   Love the subtle weathering.  One of the best N's I've seen.

Thank you

I wish you could find these Kittyhawk kits! Hopefully it sounds like this company Storm Factory maybe picked up Kittyhawks molds with there release of the 1/32 F-5E/F and will release the UH-1N again. I didn't get in on those kits the first time.