1/48 Hase AV-8B - Gear up?

Anyone ever had any luck on building the 1/48 Hasegawa Harrier with the gear retracted for an in-flight display?  I think I want to go that route but would like to hear from anyone that's tried it.  The wing mounted gear are the ones that concern me the most.  Easy-peasy?  Abandon all hope?  Any tips?  An, no, I'm not particularly skilled at this hobby but I don't plan on entering this into a contest, either. 

I've done it. It wasn't really that difficult. What I did, since part of the wing gear is exposed, is clip off the forward strut and alignment peg and lay the remaining gear leg inside the bay, then build the doors all together as one piece before gluing them in. You might have to sand a few spots to get the doors to lay just right. Otherwise, building it in-flight is pretty simple. Except for a small panel, the Harrier's main and nose gear bay doors are closed unless the gear is in transition. These panels (parts G5 and G8) can be modified to fit in the closed position.