Model kit shops in Seattle, WA?

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are due to visit Seattle at the end of this month, she doesn't know it yet but I'd like to try and visit any good hobby stores in the city. We are renting a car for a couple of days so can travel if needs be!

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks

Dave

Skyway Model Shop located just south of Seattle in Skyway-Renton will be your best option.  Emil is the owner/operator and he stocks a lot of interesting things including acquisitions from estate sales.  

Address/location, hours of operation and contact information can be found at this link to his web page: Skyway Model Shop

Edited by jeffryfontaine
fix the html link

Skyway Model Shop in Renton is outstanding.  He only sells plastic models and associated tools, paints, and supplies - no RC or rockets or...  He has a large selection of kits stacked floor to ceiling.  He has full racks of Tamiya, RC Real Colors, Vallejo, AK, MIssion Models, LifeColor, and Alclad paints.

Skyway Model Shop

12615 Renton Ave. S, Seattle WA

Skyway Model Shop

I'm an hour north of there and make the drive monthly to get supplies and new kits.

4 hours ago, Dave1089 said:

That's great, thanks chaps. Certainly looks good so I'll be sure to visit!

If you are feeling a bit "peckish" after you finish with your shopping at Emil's, I would recommend travelling down the hill from Skyway into Renton and visit a restaurant called Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse to enjoy a "pound of flesh" washed down with your favourite adult beverage.  Depending on the time of day that you visit Skyway Model Shop the traffic might be a only slightly annoying to downright impossible to comprehend.  So it might be in your best interest to just sit it out for a spell and doing that at the aforementioned eating establishment will go a very long way towards reducing the stress of driving in Seattle traffic.  

Edited by jeffryfontaine
fix typo error