TheRealMrED's 2022 Year in Review

A  little late, but here it is!

Not so many this year as last, but some that I really wanted in the collection, For those interested, the build threads offer detailed instruction about how the models were built, so that others could, if desired, build these often rare models themselves.  When needed, artwork is provided for your use.  The artwork part also applies to some RFI's, which are only photos of the completed model, due to reasons of simplicity, sameness, or just that documenting  their build would probably not add to the general pool of knowledge.

First up, the

YP-80A, one of those that flew in Italy in 1945, , a modification of the 1/72 Sword P-80 A/B kit, which is only really accurate out of the box for the "B" version:

spacer.png

Build Thread Here

Next an F-8E Crusader build of the 1/72 Academy kit:

spacer.png

Build Thread Here

Next up, a modification of the 1/72 Scale Trumpeter F-100C kit into an North American F-100A Short-Tail, built for the Century Series Group Build here on Britmodeler:

spacer.png

Build Thread Here

Followed by my personal favorite, The XP-38 kitbash, using the RS Models P 322 1 Lightning and an old MPC P-38F kit, both, of course, in God's Own Scale -- 1/72:

spacer.png

Build Thread Here

Next, Anigrand's 1/72 resin model of the XP-49, a larger cousin of the P-38:

spacer.png

RFI Here

And then, RS Models plastic 1/72 XP-79B model.  They also made a resin version earlier, which may be a little more detailed and I also have in the stash, but I was feeling lazy!:  However, the plastic did require some modification and tricky building, as referenced in the build thread:

spacer.png

Build Thread Here

After which the Italeri/Hi-Tech models F4U-7 offerings, built as the prototype XFU-6/XAU-1 Corsair, all of which is explained in the RFI, along with needed art work:

spacer.png

RFI Here

And last, the 1/72 Revell F4U-4 Corsair, using the Hobby Boss kit decals of the same variant:

spacer.png

RFI Here

As I've  said above, not as many, but some I've been wanting to add to the collection.  Thanks for looking.

Ed

Edited January 6 by TheRealMrEd

• 10 months later...