Best 1/48 EA-18G Growler kit?

Probably going to be a tie between Hobby Boss, Meng and Hasegawa. Everyone will have their preference.  

It would get my vote if the Meng Growler builds anything like their Super Hornet F kit.  I have a few of them in my stash.  

Edited by eraucubsfan

Meng and HB both look nice. I bought the Meng kit. I remember reading somewhere that the HB wingtip AN/ALQ-218 pods had some issues (either shapewise or the alignment along the length of the tip pylon, can't remember). But that sounded an easy fix, so Meng and HB are probably about the same. 

On the sprues, the detail placement, the shape of the parts look very similar between the Hasegawa and Meng Super Hornets and Growlers. HB looks a bit different in some places (the weapons pylon come to mind). I'd love to do a triple build, as this is where all the little differences pop out, but I simply don't have the time right now.

So right now I guess I'd say the Meng Grolwer would be the best, as it has the decals that are most interesting to me as of right now. As far as I know, all three kits have their ups and down. Check out the double seater builds on forums or on Youtube.

If getting the Italeri Growler is an option, I'll pass. There are a lot of detail issues such as wrong panel lines, wrongly shaped pods and pylons, terrible cockpit. The overall shape however is pretty nice.