Current MQ-9 Reaper?

I bought the 1/48 Kinetic MQ-9 kit, last month in Chattanooga. 
Of the fleet of US UAVs, the Reaper has a sinister look, especially when armed up. 
I've noticed that the current fleet have winglets on some of them? Are these to be considered MQ-9Bs? Is the external update limited to these?
Unfortunately, an internet search is filled with old information and I'm not able to find the correct key words to find the differences and any updates to current fit. 
Thanks in advance for assistance. 

-Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

It's really hard to tell from pictures, but there is ~13ft wingspan difference between MQ-9A (66ft) and MQ-9B/SkyGuardian/SeaGuardian/Certifiable Predator B/Protector RG Mk I/insert other name for same airframe here (79ft). The big wing adds several hours of endurance and 2 more hardpoints for "sovereign payloads and mission systems" because they are pleasant guardians of the sky and not reapers of death and destruction like their little brothers....

The shorter wings sometimes have winglets that look more like stall fences (NASA's MQ-9 is a good example), but the big wing MQ-9Bs have the big tall winglets that were in that aftermarket set and that you were seeing in pictures.

I don't think the US has MQ-9Bs yet, AFSOC ordered some MQ-9Bs just this week, and it's the UK and other NATO countries currently fielding the big wing MQ-9Bs.

Hope that helps!

On 3/7/2023 at 8:18 PM, Cloud in the Wind said:

I found this set on ScaleMates. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hamilton-hobbies-general-atomics-mq-9b-skyguardian-conversion--1326692

not sure where you’ll find it. Kind of makes me want to add a version to my fleet though. 

They don't have a website I could find, only a FB page.  Lots of folks asking if these were done, but no response as of yesterday.  I'd buy the set just to. get the props

18 hours ago, SinisterVampire319 said:

Here is his FB post.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2030765973756735&set=a.1553732624793408

Email him direct. Says $25 plus postage. Probably AUS $ since that's where these come from.
rgetz134 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

FWIW- The FB post was removed.

Edited by Da SWO
  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, Da SWO said:

I e-mailed and PM'd via Facebook, hopefully I get a response.

Got a response via FB, he said the conversion kits sold out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:17 PM, Da SWO said:

Got a response via FB, he said the conversion kits sold out.

He came back and said he had a couple left, so I ordered two.

Tracking says they are at the Sydney, Australia airport awaiting a boarding call.

16 minutes ago, Cloud in the Wind said:

That's great news.  Did he suggest that he might have future plans.  Maybe sell his molds or designs?

He didn't say. He mentioned that they sold out fast. 

My kits came today.

More extensive than winglets and props.

2023-05-31_12-21-47

The kit has a new forward fuselage, the winglets, props and spinner, plus additional sensors and RADAR.

The packing list says 4 props, but I counted 6. 

2023-05-31_12-26-32

I will probably have extra parts looking for a new home in 3-4 months.

Edited by Da SWO