ICM 48320 B-26B Marauder 1/48

23 hours ago, mirage3 said:

Great news, available till end of the year.

image.thumb.png.ce35255e8e7d6de732e3e22aba5608fd.png

wow! and Wow again! When they did the B26 Invader it was something I thought I'd never see in my life time. Then HKM comes out with an A20 coplete with the stressed skin. I'm looking for them to also do that one in 1/48th scale. This B26 is just the icing on the cake! Revell did the PV-1, and I always wanted them to do the Hudson.

So what's left to do before moving on to RAF twins? 

gary

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 10:49 PM, ChesshireCat said:

wow! and Wow again! When they did the B26 Invader it was something I thought I'd never see in my life time. Then HKM comes out with an A20 coplete with the stressed skin. I'm looking for them to also do that one in 1/48th scale. This B26 is just the icing on the cake! Revell did the PV-1, and I always wanted them to do the Hudson.

So what's left to do before moving on to RAF twins? 

gary

The majority of B-26Bs were built with the long wing.  B-10s through B-55s had the long wing.

• 1 month later...

Just because of its crooked gull winged leading edges, the Monogram will instantly look bizarre: They were straight as a ruler on all Marks. I don't even know what Monogram was thinking.

Interestingly, the Monogram clear parts are outstanding in shape, so if ICM fumble theirs, there will be a way out.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 10:50 PM, ChesshireCat said:

I'm kinda perplexed as to whether the B26b has the long or short wing

The kit has the long wing.  There were no short wing B-26s in service in 1944 in Europe.

21 hours ago, Gary F said:

So this is out now … is this version the starting point for a Navy JM-1 ?

For most JM-1s, yes.  But you need to scratch the JM-1 style tail cone that didn't have any guns, just an observer position for the target sleeve.