Scale model building come back - Mig-21bis & Mig-21MT

Hi...

My come back to model building after quite a while. Both Eduard Weekend kits in 1/48, both Migs... Mig-21bis Croatian Air Force and Mig-21MT Soviet Air Force.

Some aftermarket parts, photoetch cockpit parts and resin seats. 

There are some beginners mistakes since I'm little rusty, MT lost some of the panelling during painting because panel lines are so shallow on Eduards kits.

Also because of that I did not use decals for Croatian checkers pattern but I painted it. Wasn't sure if large decals would set in panels as I wanted them.

Outdoor images taken with mobile phone camera so the colors are little off...

Thank for watching...

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image018.jpg

image020.jpg

image021.jpg

image023.jpg

image026_org.jpg

image028.jpg

20220417_165203.jpg

20220417_165330.jpg

Screenshot_20220417-165342_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Mr_Spock
15 hours ago, King Vodka said:

Really like the MT. What Is the difference between MT and SMT?  Same hump? Nice results regardless.

I belive there is not much difference, MT was built for export but according to web only 15 were built and none were exported.

I also think MT was derived from M or MF version and SMT was derived from S or SM variant. Later on SMT was retrofitted with bis hump (spine) hence ST variant. It had same engine and intake as MF/SMT but bis hump.

With Eduard bis kit you can also build this variant (ST) since there is intake ring for MF in the box, only have to find decals. There are some images of yellow 76 and yellow 40.

But there are so many variants it is hard to tell...