Academy 1/48 MH-6 WIF

Howdy ARCers, I present to you my 2nd completion of 2023 and my first of 2 OH-6s that I'm building for my 2023 theme of "Pairs". 

I've always wanted to build a 20th SOS UH-1N, but I have been intimidated by the Leopard camo scheme I want to do. I always thought the scheme was beyond my airbrushing skill. So, I figured this little build would be good practice to see if I can pull it off before I tried it on the Huey. I have to say, I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out.

This is Academy's MH-6 "Stealth Helicopter" boxing built up as a 20th SOS WIF. I swapped the seats with the ones from AMP's OH-6 and detailed them with some "seat covers" (cut from Band-Aids) and some paper seatbelts. The rocket pods, mini-guns and ammo chutes are from the spares box. The decals are from the spares drawer. Everything else, except the fine wire antenna and the aforementioned additions, is from the box. Paint is AK Real Color lacquers sprayed through my Sotar, and washes are Flory's. 

Let's take a look, shall we?

tSwryj4.jpg

BWglEdn.jpg

b7KDMtL.jpg

hOwJIqU.jpg

TMR7fBQ.jpg

PdF4waS.jpg

FrzUYf4.jpg

nV4tZUN.jpg

cC87kCU.jpg

HMhRnNS.jpg

Kip9I0r.jpg

dtmAxc2.jpg

ynhV2rc.jpg

x0aZxGG.jpg

ZonLQky.jpg

u0a27Sv.jpg

Of course, comments, questions and criticisms are welcome. Now that this little guy's done, I can turn my attention to the (dreadful) AMP OH-6 that I have languishing. (Wish me luck.)

Thanks for lookin'!

-O

Great little helo! You nailed the camo perfectly. Very tight patterns. 
And the idea isn't too far fetched. The 6th SOS FID (Foreign Internal Defense) unit acquired their own fleet of helicopters and aircraft. 
One of their UH-1Ns was painted in a scheme similar to the one above. So, plausible idea they used a Killer Egg!

-Jeff