Phase Hangar F-15E pylons and weapons launch rails...

I got these from Phase Hangar Resin a few weeks ago.. The detail, mold quality is the best. Do any of you have experience using these? This will be for the Revell kit. Wondering if there is anything I need to know before that could help the process along. Attaching Eduard Sidewinder/Sparrows and fuel tanks below.. 

Many thanks! -Ed 

I'm currently using his pylons for my A-7D build. They are beautifully made and a big upgrade from the kit ones. Be careful however, since they are 3D printed and not resin, they are on the brittle side. I usually insert pins into my pylons to attach them to the wings, much stronger connection. I also pin anything that I'm loading onto the pylon as well. Drill a hole based off the size pin you'll be using, you want a snug fit but, not too tight. This will allow you to add them at the end of the build any not require any glue. Plus the pins can be held with clamps so you can paint them separately. HTH.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7652.png

(edited)_IMG_7688.png

7 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I'm currently using his pylons for my A-7D build. They are beautifully made and a big upgrade from the kit ones. Be careful however, since they are 3D printed and not resin, they are on the brittle side. I usually insert pins into my pylons to attach them to the wings, much stronger connection. I also pin anything that I'm loading onto the pylon as well. Drill a hole based off the size pin you'll be using, you want a snug fit but, not too tight. This will allow you to add them at the end of the build any not require any glue. Plus the pins can be held with clamps so you can paint them separately. HTH.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7652.png

(edited)_IMG_7688.png

Love the multiple reverse grip tweezers you got working.. Good call, I definitely need to get more of these.. So, I would imagine to took a pin vise to the top of the pylon and gently drilled out a small hole for the pins? Also... Being that these are not resin, I would think I don't have to use cyanoacrylate and can use more manageable adhesive.. Looks great fyi.. Nicely done... 

11 hours ago, Ed DeVivo said:

Love the multiple reverse grip tweezers you got working.. Good call, I definitely need to get more of these.. So, I would imagine to took a pin vise to the top of the pylon and gently drilled out a small hole for the pins? Also... Being that these are not resin, I would think I don't have to use cyanoacrylate and can use more manageable adhesive.. Looks great fyi.. Nicely done... 

Yes, I drilled a corresponding hole that matches my pin diameter which also matches the holes drilled into the wings. You have to use either CA or two part epoxy for gluing purposes. Like I said before, if all your holes are the correct size all your assembly should be a "press fit" and not require any glue.

The pylons on my A-7 will not get glue, the pins will hold them in place, like in the pic above. To attach the bomb racks to the pylons I'll use little dabs of two part epoxy laid into the cavity of the pylons. I prefer epoxy over CA, CA can let loose over time.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER
On 2/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, A-10 LOADER said:

Steve

I need to order some of these and get started on my Ohio ANG birds! I look forward to seeing yours built!

Edited by longmc