F-111F using the Hobby boss kit

Can I build a Gulf War F-111F using the Hobbyboss F-111E kit, Reskit's F cockpit, exhaust and wheels and the Blackdog wheel bay set?  Is there anything that I would need like pylons?  Also, would the Reskit F early or late cockpit be correct for the Gulf War?  Thanks

Not an expert, but that's what I'm planning to do, as well. You also need to use the supplied Pave Tack pod.

Regarding the cockpit, it would be the 'early' F-111F kit. 'Late' one is post Desert Storm with a bunch of MFDs added.

Edited by ijozic

Reskit dont make the early F-111F cockpit, they make the mid version with the Pave Tack pod scope in it then the later AMP modifications which they call the late cockpit.

Yes you can make a ODS F-111F from it, but there is still no accurate way to model it with the GBU-15 TV guided bombs as nobody has ever done the AN/ALQ-131 mounting for the bomb bay.

The TE flaps are always a problem, but Im not going into all of the problem the base kit has, with what you mention above I dont see why you cant make a convincing ODS F-111F with the Afterburner decal sheet.

Its not the AN/ALQ-131 thats the problem, any shallow pod will do.
There is nothing to mount it to on the model.
There is no kit or after market that has the Pave tack cradle that is correct on the "back side" when its rotated into the bay. So there is nowhere to mount the ECM pod.

This thread will show you what I mean

F-111F Pave Tack Pod - Jet Modeling - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Edited by ElectroSoldier

When I built my ODS F-111F, I used some parts of the Hobbyboss F-111E kit to modify the Academy F-111C kit. In retrospect I would have done things differently.  I still ended up using parts from Verlinden such as the ALQ fuselage pylon and AIM-9 rails.

30 minutes ago, Benner said:

When I built my ODS F-111F, I used some parts of the Hobbyboss F-111E kit to modify the Academy F-111C kit. In retrospect I would have done things differently.  I still ended up using parts from Verlinden such as the ALQ fuselage pylon and AIM-9 rails.

Was that to mount the ECM pod on the rear station?
I dont remember there being one for the forward station.

51 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Was that to mount the ECM pod on the rear station?
I dont remember there being one for the forward station.

Yes to the rear station, sorry, should have been more clear