14 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Here's a few you can try,

www.truenorthpaints.com

www.mcwfinishes.com

www.lvppaints.com

Steve

My friend, thank you.. The True North Paints seem to be what I will need. Quality good??

I have plenty of MM to last me for most of my builds but, wanted to try theirs just in case. I used a bottle of Dark Gull Gray for my ES-3A cockpit and it seemed to be ok. My advice would be order a bottle and try it, see what you think.

Steve

8 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I have plenty of MM to last me for most of my builds but, wanted to try theirs just in case. I used a bottle of Dark Gull Gray for my ES-3A cockpit and it seemed to be ok. My advice would be order a bottle and try it, see what you think.

Steve

How long would you expect the Testor MM paints to last in their bottles?  I went through a 20-year building hiatus and stored many dozen of the bottles in a box in a closet. When I got back into the hobby a few years ago, I rediscovered that box of paint.  I was surprised to see that most still look pretty good. I was going to toss them but thought better of it.  I was really disappointed to find that Testors discontinued that line of paint.  On the plus side, I discovered AK's Real Color line and have been impressed so far on how well it sprays. 

Regards,

John

10 hours ago, vonjhn68 said:

How long would you expect the Testor MM paints to last in their bottles?  I went through a 20-year building hiatus and stored many dozen of the bottles in a box in a closet. When I got back into the hobby a few years ago, I rediscovered that box of paint.  I was surprised to see that most still look pretty good. I was going to toss them but thought better of it.  I was really disappointed to find that Testors discontinued that line of paint.  On the plus side, I discovered AK's Real Color line and have been impressed so far on how well it sprays. 

Regards,

John

I can't remember the last bottle that I had to throw out because it had dried up or gone bad ?? I have bottles dated 1998 that I still used to this day.

Steve

Now that I think about it, MM would generally be ok as long as the threads on the cap and jar are clean. Before I started using droppers to get paint from the jar, I used to just pout it out, and that would get paint on the threads, and then it would never quite close properly.. and get stuck. 

I seem to remember at some point the formula changed, and it could turn into jelly if it was more than half empty, regardless of how well it was sealed.  I have many bottles which are 20 years or more old. I keep them around because they are still good, and brush well, I just do not airbrush them any more. 

Sometimes paint will last longer than you think they would.  I still have some Pactra paint I bought back in the 70s and a couple bottles of Testors paint that I had intended to use for a B-24 desert camouflage that I bought at the same time.  They still look like the did when I bought the in the last century.

I will not be building the B-24 so I will most likely be selling them at the next Modelpalooza in October.

1 hour ago, ikar said:

Sometimes paint will last longer than you think they would.  I still have some Pactra paint I bought back in the 70s and a couple bottles of Testors paint that I had intended to use for a B-24 desert camouflage that I bought at the same time.  They still look like the did when I bought the in the last century.

I will not be building the B-24 so I will most likely be selling them at the next Modelpalooza in October.

I envy those who have a dedicated room inside their house, basement etc. I work out of my garage, and although I have a nice setup, in my opinion, I live in South Florida and its already hot for this time of year. So, what I decided to do is around mid-April, I'll move my paints, thinners and adhesives inside the house and store in a closet. I have heard of paints lasting for quite some time, as I have some 20-year-old Tamiya acrylics that are pristine. Others dried completely and were never opened! 

After a 20-year hiatus, it took probably 3 months to build up my supplies again, and don't want to have to do this again!!