On 3/16/2023 at 4:05 PM, arnobiz said:

I don't know if a non-admin you can remove the thread but you can edit the title by editing the thread's first post 😉 

Thanks. I deleted/changed the title already; but I wish there's a way to remove the thread by the one who posted if it's just a simple mistake so that it won't be space-occupying.

• 1 month later...

Hi @flybywire

I was wondering if you could kindly change the title on this thread to: Is Ernie Gee out of business?

I just hate wasting bandwith starting a new thread to which maybe few to no-one is going to reply to, and in view that your thread is still available, I might as well use it for this purpose.

Ernie Gee is the owner of G-Factor Models, and I've been intending to reach out to him to see whether he's still in business.

Hope you don't mind.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Gwen

On 4/23/2023 at 8:58 AM, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi @flybywire

I was wondering if you could kindly change the title on this thread to: Is Ernie Gee out of business?

I just hate wasting bandwith starting a new thread to which maybe few to no-one is going to reply to, and in view that your thread is still available, I might as well use it for this purpose.

Ernie Gee is the owner of G-Factor Models, and I've been intending to reach out to him to see whether he's still in business.

Hope you don't mind.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Gwen

Hi Gwen, I don't mind at all; but I guess it'll just create more confusion to the readers, coz they'll be seeing contents that are totally not connected to your title. I guess it will be more prudent to just put up a new thread and let nature takes its course. 

On 4/22/2023 at 7:58 PM, Gwen Phoenix said:

I just hate wasting bandwidth starting a new thread to which maybe few to no-one is going to reply to ... .

Changing title early on would have been clever, but ... this thread has already gotten 500 views (including mine) thanks to @flybywire's scintillating title. :rofl:

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
On 4/25/2023 at 2:27 AM, flybywire said:

Hi Gwen, I don't mind at all; but I guess it'll just create more confusion to the readers, coz they'll be seeing contents that are totally not connected to your title. I guess it will be more prudent to just put up a new thread and let nature takes its course. 

Hi fbw,

Oh, many thanks anyway; never mind. I just thought it was a great opportunity to make bandwith on this forum count for something, now that the original thread is not used.

12 minutes ago, GeneK said:

Changing title early on would have been clever, but ... this thread has already gotten 500 views (including mine) thanks to @flybywire's scintillating title. :rofl:

Hi Gene,

And do you happen to know whether or not Mr Ernie Gee is still stocking up his G-Factor Models brass bits to the shops? I've seen some 1/48 items available once again here and there, but not the one I'm after (G-Factor 1/48 F-105D brass landing gear for the Revell/Monogram kit). Out of a whim, as suggested by @Dutch, I bought the Aerocraft brass bit but, as warned by Dutch too, it doesn't fit the Monogram kit, as it was devised for the Hobby Boss one. :bandhead2:

Cheers both,

Gwen