Paasche HSSB-30-16 Spray Booth

I might be interested in the subject spray booth. I read on the Paasche website that this is not to be used for explosive work. Does that mean you can’t use lacquer paint or lacquer thinner as we commonly use in our hobby? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Curt B
  • Curt B changed the title to Paasche HSSB-30-16 Spray Booth
7 hours ago, habu2 said:

It means the fan motor windings are exposed to the exhaust airflow i.e. it's not a "squirrel cage" fan.

Got it. I gather the vast majority of ‘hobby’ spray booths employ this less expensive exhaust fan motor, and since explosions in hobbyists' homes seem to be uncommon, I presume we can use this type of spray booth and associated exhaust fans to evacuate ‘hobby level’ lacquer and thinner mist quantities with no problem?

Edited by Curt B
12 hours ago, Curt B said:

Got it. I gather the vast majority of ‘hobby’ spray booths employ this less expensive exhaust fan motor, and since explosions in hobbyists' homes seem to be uncommon, I presume we can use this type of spray booth and associated exhaust fans to evacuate ‘hobby level’ lacquer and thinner mist quantities with no problem?

Yes, the small quantities we spray will be no issue.

Steve