1/72 Mach 2 Boeing 727

Has anyone built, purchased or seen the Mach 2 Boeing 727? I know their kits are infamous but my appetite has been whetted by the USAF 727 version and I'd like to know a little bit more about the kit before I shell out the cash.  I know there are other kits out there already but if the molds are comparable and I don't have piece together decals to represent what I want I would count that a win.

A fellow club member brought one to the monthly meeting in January. It is a typical Mach 2 kit. The worst flaw that I noticed was the rows of horizontal fuselage cabin windows do not follow straight lines and kind of describe gentle arcs (like a banana) as they go along the sides of the fuselage. 

Here is a link to a more in depth analysis. One of the photos shows the windows issue that I described:

https://airlinercafe.com/forums/topic/new-1-72-727-200/

Edited by Cat Barf

Thanks for the tip, Cat Barf.  The windows definitely look like a fill and decal proposition.  Still, if you want to make a 727 and don't mind doing some work it doesn't look too bad overall 

Lord, I built a Mach 2 PBM as a labor of love for my dad who flew on one as a crewmember in VP-49.  Never again.  Life is too short for me to mess with a Mach 2 kit.  

I built a 1/72 High Planes Models U-2R/TR-1 which is the only limited run kit I've built to date.  It was a challenge but not too bad.  I haven't built a Mach 2 kit but does anyone know how it compares to a High Planes kit?

8 minutes ago, fessSto said:

I built a 1/72 High Planes Models U-2R/TR-1 which is the only limited run kit I've built to date.  It was a challenge but not too bad.  I haven't built a Mach 2 kit but does anyone know how it compares to a High Planes kit?

I have built the Mach2 Viscount and am part the way through a High Planes B-57. They both need care in parts prep but I think the newer tool Mach2 kits are a little easier to work with (even with the limited instructions you get).