1/48 Shenyang J-15 Flying Shark PLA Navy

This was made using the Kinetic Su-33 with the Dream model J-15 Conversion set. The set includes the necessary glass cockpit and wingtip missile pylons (which are the main difference visually between the Russian Su-33 and the newly built J-15s) as well as some other items. Kinetic released a J-15 kit but they only included the wingtip missile rails and not the glass cockpit nor any of the different bumps and sensor changes.

For the decals I used mainly the Skipper PLA Navy J-15 decals and some of the Caracal J-15 decals. Weapons were from a Hobbyboss J-11B Flanker kit and as well as FAB Scale YJ-83K anti ship missiles and pylons, FAB Scale AGM data link pod and FAB Scale WS-10 Engine nozzles.

There are a lot of subtle differences among the sensor suite of the J-15 and Su-33 so a lot of photos were referenced to get something fairly accurate. It took a while as Flankers do, lots of metal areas, gear plumbing and panels on the big kits. As much as I like the colorful Russian aircraft cockpit colors I really liked the all black glass cockpit of the J-15.

Myuq1c8.jpg

GFshpR9.jpg

HFhZjYu.jpg

Yq1VzVX.jpgo4SMwv1.jpgAWcoIxr.jpgoGMIsG4.jpgRiyRbR3.jpg9vcP3dp.jpghDORArc.jpgXLZv2xq.jpgfurX81W.jpg

rf3FFfs.jpg

5I9nx6U.jpg1G1ZJxa.jpgGcvbq0B.jpgxtSxjXO.jpg2UC0LH1.jpgcpVxerf.jpgqxTscLm.jpg

Edited by paulsbrown