48th F-5F NFWS 46

Hi everyone,

I just finished this one off today. It's the AFV kit with Furball decals. The scheme is the USAF's "New Blue" scheme borrowed by the Navy for a few of Topgun's Tigers in the late 1970's. I wasn't too hot for the pattern and colors early on, but it grew on me, and now I'm quite happy that I modeled this jet. You've got to love that AFV kit too.... what a beauty! And Furball's decals went down great as always. The only aftermarket are two Wolfpack late series ejection seats. The kit's cockpit is just fine for me. Thanks for looking, Fred.

20230325_122547.jpg

20230325_122537.jpg

Edited by f5guy
11 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

She looks real good Fred, nice job on the camo.

Steve

Thanks Steve 😉 Now to finish off the 48th TA-4J adversary that I've got going. Fred.

2 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

Fred,

WOW!!!

That is freaking awesome! Yes, yes, & YES on the camouflage scheme your painted. 

What brand of paints did you use for the paint scheme?

Very impressive,

Mr.Happy

Thanks Mr. Happy 😉 I'm still going through my stash of Model Master enamels. Thankfully I stocked up! Take care, Fred.

15 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Smooth looking Tiger, Fred. Yeah, the scheme just screams 1980s. Like when the excellent color Superbase books were out. 
Great job. 

-Jeff

Back in the good old days of interesting aircraft!  Thanks Jeff 😉 Fred.

14 hours ago, habu2 said:

I must be getting dyslexic - I keep thinking this post is labeled as NSFW - Not Safe For Work...  :cop:

Excellent build, congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks Habu 😉 Fred.

Thats a beauty! I think the instrument panels in that afv kit are some of the nicest oob. 

Such a good looking adversary scheme you have there. I have built and 80s and a 90s adversary, have one from the 00s to go to round it out. Such a fun kit to build!

11 hours ago, tomthegrom said:

Thats a beauty! I think the instrument panels in that afv kit are some of the nicest oob. 

Such a good looking adversary scheme you have there. I have built and 80s and a 90s adversary, have one from the 00s to go to round it out. Such a fun kit to build!

Hi Tom,

Agreed. That AFV kit is such a fun one to build, and really doesn't need much more than a new ejection seat. I've built ten of them now, with two more currently in the works, and another 20 in my stash. One can never build too many aggressors! Take care, Fred.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Amazing paintwork. F-5's really look best in adversary dressing.

Thanks Thadeus! I would agree completely.... it's hard to beat an F-5 in an aggressor scheme 👍 Fred.