Anyone Seen the X-Scale 1/144 DC-8-32?

Don, I saw that too.  The wing slots for the pylons are HUGE!  It looks like the slot fillers are next to the bulkhead piece on the tree on the left.  They are in a difficult area to fill and sand.  I wonder about the engineering decision to do it that way.  Also, notice that the underwing pieces, under stab pieces and vertical tail halves separation lines do not follow natural panel lines.  That will require more filling and sanding, then probably rescribing.  On the plus side, the engine nacelles look very nice, though.  I will see about getting one, but not until summer. K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch

I don't have a burning desire to run out and pick one of these up.   I have a couple Revell kits and enough Minicraft DC-8's to choke a moose.   And with all the resin engine options I've picked up, I think I'll pass for now.   Of course I'll probably change my mind once I see one built up.

I agree with Silver Seraph... This is a nice-looking kit! The close-up images of the sprues in the link are really nice.

Interesting how they deal with the inserts over the wings where the pylons attach. My bet is they are planning for variants dealing with different pylons in the future.

I'll keep an eye out for a release with a different livery though.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the parts lay out and how the kit parts are designed, I would think that other versions may not happen.   A series 40 would require a new engine tree, maybe engine pylons.  A series 50 new engines, pylons and wing tips.   On the engine mounts over the top of the wing, a series 62 would require a smooth part, new engines and pylons, wing tips and a new fuselage.  I think that are at the max size perhaps on the mold base for the fuselage.   I am going to get a few of these kits, they do look very good and I want to support their efforts.  Would love to see them do a 707-320 series in the future.  

Just got my kit in the mail today.   All I can say is WOW.   The level of detail in this kit is mind blowing.   I haven't tried piecing any of the parts together but the level of detail has to be seen to be believed.   Super fine panel lines on the wings and all the detail that goes into the gear are amazing for a 1/144 scale kit.   And the engines for this kit are amazing.  It gives you the option for thrust reversers to be built open or closed.   You have to choose one or the other though.   It also includes a complete cockpit.   My only hope is that when it comes time to paint, the panel lines don't diasappear.   I'm definitely glad I picked this kit up.   I'll probably get another one or two in the near future.

Brother Don, My kit landed today!  Woohoo.  This is one nice kit.  Yes, I may have to get a few more.  Hoping for more decals of classic liveries as well as secondary and tour operators from the late 60 through 1970s.

I received another box from them last week. It was the fuselage halves. I didn't even realize they were missing in the original box! Getting old I guess.

Everything is here...

Now I'll be waiting on some great decals for this kit.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...