Boeing E-6B MERCURY Upgrade Block-II

Lovelly work. Especially on the flaps. I think I never saw another E-6 in 1/72. Makes me want to finally but the E-3.

BTW, there is just something soothing in red warning triangles on the sides of the intakes. You know, just in case You miss the huge fan.

A word about the Milstar Dome.
When I started building the E-6, I didn't have a dome. I ordered a Milstar Dome from Air Graphic Models. But there was a multi-week delay in delivery so I disided to make  my own dome.
I had previously asked AGM's Gay Madwick for a photo of the dome or at least to put one on his side to see if it was usable. I felt like it was a copy of Spectre/ Wolfpack's Dome. No answer. Today the Dome finally arrived. It really is a copy of the Spectre/Wolfpack Dome. No details and the dimensions are not so good either. All in all  it is too round and the sides in the middle are too wide. Too flat on top. Also no instruction to position.it on the model. So I think I am happy with what I did. To see the difference I placed the AGM dome behind mine.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by AWACS-RESIN
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw this bad boy and all I can say is how did I miss it. You have done great work. I have a same kit so i will save this thread for reference. Those flaps takes this kit into whole new level. Simply amazing! 

• 3 weeks later...