Brett,

It will take more than just new engine nacelles.  EVSes are to be removed, new SATCOM antenna added over the wing/fuselage join area, etc...  Not to mention the complete redo in the cockpit with glass instrument panel, probably not necessary in 1/144, but a "must do" in 1/72 or 1/48.  🤪

K/r,

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

Modelcollect cant even get a known subject right without the need for a "corrections/replacement part".... I doubt they will get something that will be brand new in shape and form so I'll just stick to what I have and hope for a "Mom & Pop" to make the conversion for the new version of the BUFF.

TBH and IMO, who would make any conversion parts until the prototype is rolled out and test flown. Many have been caught out releasing parts/kits early and having their product trashed by those perfectionists out there and at worst having to rework them costing them time and money.

• 5 months later...

I hear its nose is a bit more pointed.

As a guy who remembers the early '52s...before a forest of blade antennas on the belly, before the EVS bulges, bomb/ALCM pylons, and the bobbing of the tail gun on the Hs...anything to improve the looks of current 52s will be welcome.