Books about Reference Drawings and Computer Modelling

I am working on the new (fourth) edition of my "Virtual Airplane" guide.

Last week I completed its second volume: "Modeling". It describes, how to build an accurate 3D model of a historical aircraft, on the example of the Curtiss P-40B fighter. Comparing to the previous edition (from 2015), I rewrote 80% of its content, introducing significant changes in the proposed workflow (taking advantage of the new Blender features, which have been introduced since that time).

In 2020 I already published the first volume of this series: "Preparations". This means, that at this moment we already have two books:

Image                           Image

• Preparations describes, where to find, and how to prepare reference materials for your model. It uses mainly Inkscape (an OpenSource vector-based 2D drawing program, similar to Corel Draw). It can be also useful for all those, who are working on the scale plans. 279 pages, 408 illustrations
  • Modeling describes, how to build the outer shape of your 3D model. It uses current "long-term support" version of Blender (3.3), and assumes that initially you can know nothing about any 3D modeling program. It starts with a general introduction to Blender 3D, then gradually introduces new topics. 684 pages, 1170 illustrations

There will be two more volumes:

• Materials and Textures, which describe how to "paint" your model (planned release date: spring 2025. Here is its previous edition, for Blender 2.7).
  • Details, which describes how to recreate internal details, animate and arrange your model in a scene. (Here is its previous editon, for Blender 2.7).