Nicely Done! And we haven't seen you here in a lo-o-ong time ...   ;^ D

This is a BIG model and Vincent has designed a lotta detail. That Rover is lovely! Both of 'em!

The different sized rivets are a nice detail too. And it looks like Apollo 17's LM.

But is it complete? I don't see the extended stay MESA or the RTG or the bent landing probes ... and little things like cables and seat belts on the LRV ... were they left off for shipping as well?

And how do you ship this delicate, easily damaged model? A Wood crate? Anti-Gravity tablets in a box ... how Mr Nichols?

Thanx for posting these pix ... it DOES look GOOD!

Pete

12 hours ago, K2Pete said:

Nicely Done! And we haven't seen you here in a lo-o-ong time ...   ;^ D

This is a BIG model and Vincent has designed a lotta detail. That Rover is lovely! Both of 'em!

The different sized rivets are a nice detail too. And it looks like Apollo 17's LM.

But is it complete? I don't see the extended stay MESA or the RTG or the bent landing probes ... and little things like cables and seat belts on the LRV ... were they left off for shipping as well?

And how do you ship this delicate, easily damaged model? A Wood crate? Anti-Gravity tablets in a box ... how Mr Nichols?

Thanx for posting these pix ... it DOES look GOOD!

Pete

Hey Pete,

She appeared pretty much complete until I looked a little more but it’s tough not to see that so not sure why added MESA isn’t present , it was marked underneath though on the real vehicle . Landing probes and locks were left off for Ron’s choice of being stowed or deployed, fuel cask also left off, no radar on descent stage and no helium vents and no bell on descent stage in pictures. The LRV was simply there for reference and not associated with this LM.

It shipped to its owner in Texas with no issues, Ron is a member on cS so I apparently took pictures of a build without all parts present, sorry guys. 

I'am glad to be back and thanks for the support.

I talked to the owner simply because it’s been awhile since I built this , MESA was added later because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to depict a stowed or deployed MESA that just hung off the side of q4. 

Edited by snichols

This picture is to show the proper placement of a deployed MESA and where it should be and look like. There should also be a wall behind the MESA with a flag and USA markings that I didn't include with this build and landing probes not present due for shipping concerns.

My greatest regret building commissions was not being able to incorporate the level of detail I would normally include, a reason I stopped posting on forums.Things like LRV seatbelts and wiring aren’t left off for shipping.

I finally completed a build for myself with no deadlines , it’s over in the display thread in the aircraft section. 
qAqx211h.jpg

Edited by snichols

Oh dear, that isn't how the MESA works ... the MESA for the Apollo 15, 16 and 17 was proud of the Quad 4 surface.

For the modellers who are referring to this thread for reference, be careful ...   ;^ D

On your above model, the MESA is hinged on the wrong edge. It doesn't tuck INTO the Quad 4 Bay, like the LRV, it's mounted EXTERIOR of the Bay. Yes, there's a 'wall' behind it, but I gather that that is just Thermal covering, not structure.

This is a graphic from Virtual LM ... and my own 'naked' 1/48 LM to illustrate what I mean ... 

LEM.thumb.jpg.024e92b17d67d3868dad5da4d6df86b0.jpg

1669071199_AADONEbeautyshot.thumb.JPG.ab527ddb32af8b2853ca335822c0720b.JPG

875856362_HDONEquad4.thumb.JPG.ed5204b4d0964861c39023333e605a9a.JPG

Yes, the early LMs had their MESAa tuck into Quad 4, but not the extended stay missions, including Apollo 17's Challenger ... 

This is a major mis-interpretation of reference material, especially for a commission ... deadline or not.

Hope this helps

Pete

Absolutely correct on MESA hinge my error and I’am completely aware of how MESA attached to the quad on the outside as I stated above concerning the 1/24th scale build so there are no “ misinterpretations” on my part there. 

For those using these pictures as a reference, note the MESA hinge error and be comfortable in the accuracy of the rest of the vehicle. 

Edited by snichols