Good luck.  I've been trying to pick one up for years.  If you do find one, the seller usually wants a mint for them.  If it helps at all, Caracal recently came out with a NASA F-15 sheet that has the ACTIVE markings on it.  All you need to do then is source a pair of F/A-18A-D stabs, scratchbuilt the actuator covers, and come up with a new flight data probe and you essentially have the Hasegawa kit.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Milo said:

There's one at my LHS. I was tempted to buy it once but it's pricey.

20230509_160541.jpg

Which hobby shop? I can pass that along to the interested party, he would most likely buy it.

This kit is really hard to get by and cost a lot if you manage. EBay all offers I saw ended at over 200$.

I’ve managed to get mine from yahoo Japan auction (sorry I don’t have one to trade), it available from time to time and you can get them from 50-70$.

it was easier to order the conversion for Active and MTD for the 1/48 though 😀

• 6 months later...

Like 2qwik4u said...a few extra parts and a bit of scratch building and you have essentially the Hasegawa kit. If you want even more accuracy they'll need to scratch build the exhaust nozzles as Hasegawa use standard F-15 ones. Once the Caracal decals were release, everything got a bit easier. The F-15 Active had the Thrust Vectoring nozzles which are distinctive. That's the trickiest detail. That's my plan versus the expense of the Hasegawa kit. BTW Eyal Ashwal...you beat me out on the Yahoo Japan listing ;)