Zvezda C-130

Those are awesome herks! Really like the Israeli 130. I have the -30 and 

two of the E/H's to build. The -30 is gonna be a "what if" flying with 

Southwest Airlines Cargo. And the E/H will be a SEA painted one before

that tail number was our slick herk at Kadena. The other may be a Israeli

Herk from the Entebbee raid.

Cheers...Ron

@aircommando130 Hey Ron. What say you, to grafting the Italeri MC-130E bits to a Zvezda C-130H? Feasible? Or too much trouble? Same A-15 engines as an H. Obviously a GTC instead of the APU. Plus the Talon bits and structural extras. I've got a set of Flight Path AAR pods. 
Just thinking out loud. I've had the Italeri kit for so long, I'd like to build my first "love" in the AF and would like to use an updated base kit, of possible. 

3 hours ago, ST0RM said:

@aircommando130 Hey Ron. What say you, to grafting the Italeri MC-130E bits to a Zvezda C-130H? Feasible? Or too much trouble? Same A-15 engines as an H. Obviously a GTC instead of the APU. Plus the Talon bits and structural extras. I've got a set of Flight Path AAR pods. 
Just thinking out loud. I've had the Italeri kit for so long, I'd like to build my first "love" in the AF and would like to use an updated base kit, of possible. 

I think it would be possible. The Fulton nose would probably fit since the Zvezda kit has 3 radomes. The RWR tail would fit...the the QRC-84-02 pods will fit the external

tanks. I  think the kit has the GTC panel in addition to the APU extended wheel well pod. I have thought about doing the same thing but a T1 in Black/Green paint and 

no refueling pods. I have the flightpath pre MOD-90 Talon parts. We have 64-0559 here at Kirtland.

Cheers...Ron

Thanks for the backup, Ron. Sounds like this will be a go then. Time to order a kit. 
In Ops at the 8th SOS, we had a model of a black/green Talon in a case. Loved looking at it, nearly every day. 

-Jeff

Guys, as soon as you start a green/black MC-130E, I´m all ears! I already have the Italeri-kit and was planning exactly the Italeri-Zvesda-kitbash Jeff announced here. My biggest "concern" is that I don´t have a definite plan for the camo-layout, only a couple of different pictures. And that I´m hesitant to buy a Zvesda C-130H yet, because they will certainly announce their own MC-130 as soon as we start our projects.... 😄

So, what do you have as reference for the camo-scheme?

HAJO

There is a company that makes paint masks for the MC-130E black/green paint. There are enough pictures of that scheme

on the net that you can do it. Markings they just had the tail number on the tail. No USAF above it and national insignia

on the fuselage only. Just forward of the paratroop doors there were 8 slots for the old chaff dispensors. Prop foul lines

from the wingtips to the nose. The 8th SOS is going back to being a MC-130J squadron.

Cheers...Ron

The MC-130E also had the aerial refuling receptacle and the slipway markings were white. Next weekend at Hurlburt

Field is the MC-130H Combat Talon II retirement ceremony. I remember seeing them being built at E-Systems at 

Greenville, Texas in 1989. 

Cheers...Ron

Well, I built a MC-130E with the Italeri-kit and the Flightpath (resin-) nose. It worked...

But we probably need someone to simply do and prove it! 😉

@Ron: Thank you for the information! So, national insignia only on the sides, not on the wings, right? Black stars 'n' bars?

HAJO

The Black/green Talon (actually SAC bomber tan) had the full color 15" national insignia aft of the paratroop doors.

Nothing on the wings upper or lower. The tail number on the tail was just the number with no USAF above it. 

Cheers...Ron

10 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

The MC-130E also had the aerial refuling receptacle and the slipway markings were white. Next weekend at Hurlburt

Field is the MC-130H Combat Talon II retirement ceremony. I remember seeing them being built at E-Systems at 

Greenville, Texas in 1989. 

Cheers...Ron

I remember when we stood up the 15th and were co-units in the same buildings. 
The first TII arrived and looked so odd. 

Very happy to hear the 8th will be a C-130 unit again. Ospreys just weren't right. 

20 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

There is a company that makes paint masks for the MC-130E black/green paint. There are enough pictures of that scheme

on the net that you can do it. Markings they just had the tail number on the tail. No USAF above it and national insignia

on the fuselage only. Just forward of the paratroop doors there were 8 slots for the old chaff dispensors. Prop foul lines

from the wingtips to the nose. The 8th SOS is going back to being a MC-130J squadron.

Cheers...Ron

http://www.advmodprds.com/am72-60.html 

Okay, mine are all Italeri conversions but I'm happy to email an excellent reference guide if anybody wants it ? (just pm me your email address)

Storm - pretty sure we met at a model show at the Belgian Air Force museum in Brussels a good while ago !

DSCN0007_eyEDHJSaQqBQE3f5SzswSP.JPG

DSCN0012_fFtgx2YAAjLQAy4QJoibjz.JPG

DSCN0010_p2N5aCwjdgsF1gd4PZcqyV.JPG

DSCN0009_9qAt3TL9yQuL5138cdB8Uj.JPG

Cheers,

Haydn.