Zvezda C-130

Got the Talon guide you sent. It was awesome! We have 64-0559 here at Kirtland.

The bottle nose T1's were with the 1st SOS at Kadena when I was out there (1993-1996)

before they converted to the MC-130H. 

The flight deck does have the FE seat between the pilots and 2 Navigators sat side by side 

on the right side of the flight deck. The bunks were removed. In the cargo compartment

up front by the bulkhead (FS 245) was where the radio operator and electronic warfare 

officer sat. Facing forward and they had a black curtain they could pull around them so

it would keep  the light down from the equipment and keep people from seeing what was 

going on. The FLIR ball was behind the nose gear and was retracted up into the fuselage

before the gear went down! The hole was covered by the aft nose gear door. 

They served their country with honor!

Thanks again for the guide!

Cheers...Ron

On 5/10/2023 at 5:14 PM, Da SWO said:

Those Talon's look nice.

Looks like Zvedza 130's are outrageously priced, so I will have to wait to get a J model. Back to my A-model build.

Without knowing what you mean by "outrageously priced", there are a few ebay sellers that have them available for ~$60 shipped.  One is a US based seller "trainz", another is the ebay store I got my H from, based in Estonia.  If you can wait about 2 weeks, I had no issues getting the item. 

On 5/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, Dutch said:

Bret, I sent you a PM on Zvezda KC-130J. K/r. Dutch

Thanks.

FWIW- I saw two short J's on fleabay, 100+ out of Germany, and 67 out of Italy.  100+ seems high to me. 

Brother Dutch is going to hook me up, and I can wait.

Mig-23 Sir,

I just found your blurb on ARC about crossdressing a Zvezda/Italeri C-130 into a MC-130e, where you have already made an Italeri MC-130 and you said you had a detail guide you would send to anyone if they asked.

I too would love this guide if it's still available.

My E-mail is:

Usafecm@Yahoo.com

Thanx, Trooper

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Buckmeister said:

Very nice.  But no chance I’m buying any Zvezda kits as long as RuZZia remains in Ukraine.  

Do you drink coffee from Starbucks? Use AARP? Shop at Target? Drink Bud Light? Use Amazon? Facebook?
More things to die on your sword over. 

22 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Do you drink coffee from Starbucks? Use AARP? Shop at Target? Drink Bud Light? Use Amazon? Facebook?
More things to die on your sword over. 

You do you, and I’ll do me.  Are any of the companies you mentioned based in Russia?  And no I don’t do Starbucks, AARP, Bud Light (or any other AB swill), or Facebook.  As far as I know, Target doesn’t do business in Russia, nor does Amazon.  So yeah.  Not sure what not supporting Russian businesses has to do with swords or dying.

And besides any of that, I have friends in Kryvyi Rih and Odesa.

Edited by Buckmeister

Wish they would have or still will produce an AC-130h version, which has tons of history behind them, not the newest and still to be proven J version.

I already checked on cannibalizing the engine/wing mounts from the zvezda 130h, but this "new" gunship has version specific moldings on its fuselage... so no good.

I can only hope they listen yo us modelers and make one.

18 hours ago, Trooper111 said:

Wish they would have or still will produce an AC-130h version, which has tons of history behind them, not the newest and still to be proven J version.

I already checked on cannibalizing the engine/wing mounts from the zvezda 130h, but this "new" gunship has version specific moldings on its fuselage... so no good.

I can only hope they listen yo us modelers and make one.

Could say the same for the - U

I vote for a AC-130E as well...20mm x 2 / 40mm x 1/ 105mm x 1

In the SEA paint assigned to the 16th SOS in Thailand. Or...overall

gunship gray at Hurlburt Field, Fl. 

The J gunship is pretty cool though. I walked through one here at

Kirtland.

Cheers...Ron

So.... zvezda already has to moldings yo make a AC-130h.

Didn't know that part.

I'm almost positive that more people would buy these moldings by themselves and make their own gunship with these moldings & an H model than the whole mass of people who will buy the AC-130J singularly as a off the shelf kit.

But my wife says I'm wrong on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, Trooper111 said:

So.... zvezda already has to moldings yo make a AC-130h.

Didn't know that part.

I'm almost positive that more people would buy these moldings by themselves and make their own gunship with these moldings & an H model than the whole mass of people who will buy the AC-130J singularly as a off the shelf kit.

But my wife says I'm wrong on a daily basis.

Where did you see that Zvezda has the moldings for an AC-130H?  My post was about a resin aftermarket conversion for the Zvezda C-130H kit made by a different company.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:52 PM, mig23 said:

Okay, mine are all Italeri conversions but I'm happy to email an excellent reference guide if anybody wants it ? (just pm me your email address)

Storm - pretty sure we met at a model show at the Belgian Air Force museum in Brussels a good while ago !

DSCN0007_eyEDHJSaQqBQE3f5SzswSP.JPG

DSCN0012_fFtgx2YAAjLQAy4QJoibjz.JPG

DSCN0010_p2N5aCwjdgsF1gd4PZcqyV.JPG

DSCN0009_9qAt3TL9yQuL5138cdB8Uj.JPG

Cheers,

Haydn.

Just tried to PM you for the Talon references but think your inbox might be full as not sending? Thanks