F-14B possible weapon loadout

I am preparing to built F-14B from Academy kit and I am looking for information about any possible weapon loadout.
I know I can use A2A missiles: AIM-9L/M, AIM-7M and AIM-54C, but what about A2G ordnance?
The manufacturer delivers onlu GBU-12 bombs but I wish to use something more.
What kind of bombs could I use for that F-14B? The same what Delta could use or maybe for Bravo those ordnance choice was more limited?
Also I can add that I am going to make one of bottom two of those paintings:
8c59a74807fe3eedfde77f64bacb7e3f.jpg

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Dumb bombs (Mk 82/83/84) or GBU-12/16/24. No GBU-38/31, these were reserved for the F-14D only 

JDAM was also supported on the F-14B after the OFP 321 upgrade (late 2001).

51 minutes ago, ijozic said:

JDAM was also supported on the F-14B after the OFP 321 upgrade (late 2001).

31s for the Bravo are fine, however GBU-38s ONLY for F-14Deltas, actually only for VF-31 and -213 in 2005. They received clearance just before the last '05 / 06 cruise. VF-101 GBU-38 clearance only for test AFAIK.

Edited by bushande
3 hours ago, Solo said:

Thanks guys. I think I will choice GBU-24 or GBU-31. Is it correct to take only one of them under the belly, together with one fuel tank?

The underbelly fuel tank stations only carried fuel tanks, so they have to stay as-is. The bombs are mounted on the pallets inbetween the engines, where the AIM-54's normally would have been. These instructions from Academy's F-14A Bombcat gives you the idea; 100163-66-instructions.pdf (scalemates.com)

On 5/7/2023 at 5:34 AM, Solo said:

You are right, I don't know what I have been thinking about.
What about asymetrical loadout? I think I may use one GBU-31 and one GBU-10?

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-jdam-05l.jpg 

image.png

That's a GBU-12 next to the JDAM.  A GBU-10 is built on the MK-84 bomb body, same as a GBU-31 JDAM.

6 hours ago, Solo said:

One more question: AIM-7F or M? Or both are possible?

Both would be possible, but depending on timeframe you are building. Mostly M from the 1990's onwards. 

For the time period (2004) here is a list of air to ground weapons authorized for the F-14;

Mk 80 Series GP Bombs (Mk 15 and MAU-91 fins not authorized)

Mk 20/CBU-99/CBU-100 Rockeye

CBU-78 GATOR

Mk 62 (BSU-86 Fin) Quickstrike Mine

Mk 76, Mk 106, BDU-33 and BDU-48 Practice Bombs

Mk 58 Marine Location Markers

GBU-10/12/16 Laser Guided Bombs

LUU-2/-19 Paraflares

BDU-57/59/60 Laser Guided Training Rounds (LGTR)

ADM-141 Tactical Air Launched Decoy (TALD)

GBU-24B/B

GBU-31V2

For the Sparrow - AIM-7M, the -7F was removed from service in the late 80's and only used for missile shoots in the 90's, by the 2000's there was only the CATM-7F's left in inventory.

If you want an accurate asymmetrical loading configuration please post what you want to load, I can tell you if it was authorized or not.

*Also, the pic with the GBU-31 and LGB, that's a GBU-16 (the only LGB authorized next to a GBU-31). 🙂

hth

GW

*(the Pic is of a GBU-31V2 and GBU-16 on an F-14D)

13 hours ago, GW8345 said:

If you want an accurate asymmetrical loading configuration please post what you want to load, I can tell you if it was authorized or not.

Well, I am thinking about such loadout: 2xAIM-9L/M, AIM-54C and LANTIRN just under the wings, and under belly one GBU-31 plus GBU-10 or 24.

18 hours ago, Solo said:

Well, I am thinking about such loadout: 2xAIM-9L/M, AIM-54C and LANTIRN just under the wings, and under belly one GBU-31 plus GBU-10 or 24.

The wings are fine, for the belly, with a GBU-31 on sta 3R (left forward station) you can do the following on sta 6R (right forward station);

GBU-12* (tanks required)

GBU-16 (tanks required)

GBU-31 (tanks required)

Mk 82

Mk 83

Mk 84

For GBU-24, the only stations that were authorized was the left forward and/or right aft stations. The only other weapon authorized with a GBU-24 was a Sparrow on the aft Sparrow station (sta 4), the GBU-24 has to be on the forward left station. For a single GBU-24 load, it has to be loaded on the forward station.

For GBU-10, they were only authorized on the forward stations and nothing else could be loaded with them except a Sparrow on the aft Sparrow station.

For both GBU-10 and 24 loads, drops tanks were required on station 2/7.

*Yea I know, in a post above I said the only LGB that was authorized next to a GBU-31 was a GBU-16, well, I went back and double checked the book and a GBU-12 is authorized.

hth

GW

11 hours ago, Solo said:

One more thing: did F-14B use only AIM-9L/M, or maybe also earlier variants of Sidewinders?

AIM-9M's, the Lima's were only used for missile shoots  starting in the late 80's and after the early 90's I never saw another one, by the late 90's/early 2000's they were removed from service.

Edited by GW8345
18 hours ago, GW8345 said:

AIM-9M's, the Lima's were only used for missile shoots  starting in the late 80's and after the early 90's I never saw another one, by the late 90's/early 2000's they were removed from service.

Ok, so let's summarize.
I am going to make such loadout:
station 1A - AIM-9M
1B - AIM-54C
2 - fuel tank
3 - GBU-31
4 - empty or AIM-7M
5 - empty or AIM-7M
6 - GBU-12
7 - fuel tank
8A - AIM-9M
8B - LANTIRN pod.

How about that?

6 minutes ago, Solo said:

...but what can I do?

Depends, either go with a real life loadout or give a F*** and do as you please - your model, your loadout 😁