I have ordered one from Lucky Model and have yet to see it so I ordered one from HLJ and got it in a week. The kit is nice, pannel lines are on par with Tamiya. I have started working on it, but haven't gotten too far. The biggest issue I've had is the joining of the two upper fuselage halfs, the joints are rather small to glue together and I had problems getting them to line up correctly, but it could have been a me problem. Otherwise parts have been lining up very well with little if any filler going to be needed so far. Next for me is the intake.

I'll wait to order mine until they are available state-side, the unknowns and lack of updates aren't worth it to me. I got my last one from either Sprue Brothers or Squadron (can't remember) but delivery was fast and tracking was included. No significant cost difference either, in fact it might have been cheaper than ordering from the Far East. 

Ordered 2 from Lucky Model when it was first announced, have them in hand since end of March.  Kit looks very sharp and is a definite improvement over the initial release.  Haven’t built it up yet, but it will be at the top of the pile to see how it compares to the Tamiya Cs.

So my understanding of the kit is that you can build block 30/40/50, but can you do a Block 52? I read that Block 50/52 are the same, just the engines are different, but both sets of parts are in the kit.   I want to do Thunderbird #7/8 ?  

I’m one of those that has to have it now so I order from Lucky. I’ve always had good LUCK with them. Got the Gold blk 42 in two shakes. That kit and I’m sure the D are comparable to Tamiya. I agree with Falcon053 that the wing/upper fuselage joint is sort of challenging but not insurmountable. Don’t expect something as stunning as the Tam F-4 but it is a must have for Viper fans.

4 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

So my understanding of the kit is that you can build block 30/40/50, but can you do a Block 52? I read that Block 50/52 are the same, just the engines are different, but both sets of parts are in the kit.   I want to do Thunderbird #7/8 ?  

I can see if I can find the sprue shots but it has both the GE and Pratt engine/intake combination in this kit.

3 hours ago, drhornii said:

I can see if I can find the sprue shots but it has both the GE and Pratt engine/intake combination in this kit.

Yes, this is correct.  I pulled my kit out and looked at the sprues to verify.  I’m curious why they only advertise it as a Block 30/40/50 when it’s also a 25/32/42/52 given the parts present.

11 minutes ago, lockheed2004 said:

Yes, this is correct.  I pulled my kit out and looked at the sprues to verify.  I’m curious why they only advertise it as a Block 30/40/50 when it’s also a 25/32/42/52 given the parts present.

My guess is because they only have decals for blocks 30/40/50 in the kit. Though that might not be the reason.  It’s good know you can literally make any block F-16D from this kit though.  

• 5 weeks later...

The F-16D should be available at the warehouse in Topeka. Price is $39 with shipping about $14. You order from Lucky Model and when paying you select UPS shipping ($14 or so) option. Your tub will arrive shortly in 3-5 days.  It's a little convoluted process. If it won't take the UPS option it's because the kit is not available in Topeka.  There's no list of what's in stock in Topeka that I know of. That would be too easy.

29 minutes ago, Plastictiger said:

The F-16D should be available at the warehouse in Topeka. Price is $39 with shipping about $14. You order from Lucky Model and when paying you select UPS shipping ($14 or so) option. Your tub will arrive shortly in 3-5 days.  It's a little convoluted process. If it won't take the UPS option it's because the kit is not available in Topeka.  There's no list of what's in stock in Topeka that I know of. That would be too easy.

Topeka? Really? I'm 25 miles from Topeka and have been waiting for them to ship an order for almost 2 weeks. Status has been "Packing" for most of that time. 

I just tried ordering a D, the website allowed me to select UPS shipping then told me there were

4 hours ago, Plastictiger said:

I just tried ordering a D, the website allowed me to select UPS shipping then told me there were none in the warehouse for the selected shipping method.

Also a couple of other kits that I thought were future releases were shown as backordered. 

This is very confusing.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 11:06 PM, sigtau said:

Question for those who already have the F-16D kit in hand.  On the F-16C/MLU kits, the mold insert for the single seater fuselage has a huge step at the wing root.  Is this step present on the F-16D molding?

I have the F-16D kit in my hands and checked the FWD Fuselage/Wing part. There is NO step present at the wing root.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:09 AM, Gary F said:

The D is showing available in US with local shipping … just ordered it. 

Would you mind sharing when it ships. I placed an order for 2 kits in stock from the US Warehouse on June 2nd and it still has not shipped 4 weeks later.