Does anyone know of any display stands similar to Flightpose that won't break the bank?  Years back, I found the Flightpose stands which were/are absolutely perfect, as they are clear acrylic, 3 armed stands that came in 3 sizes.  They still exist, but they apparently, like everyone, were hit with COVID supply chain problems, and all they have are the shortest of the 3 sizes they offered, and who knows if they will ever start making them again.  I was wondering if anyone knows of a similar product that is available.  I've done some internet searching, and haven't really found anything equivalent, and hoping maybe one of you knows about something I've missed.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I bought one a few years ago and found the rubber parts that make contact with the model took paint off. And I use lacquer paints which are meant to be the most durable. Apparently Im not the only who found this happening either.

Would it at all be possible to purchase acrylic sheet, of your desired thickness, a used or inexpensive bandsaw, make a template or copy an existing shape and cut the pieces out, glue them together and have what you need? 

Sometimes, the need to be "more than just a modeler" is key.  I'm not criticizing but I found that to properly display various models I've built, I've had to make a case or a stand.   Sometimes  the stand is a nice piece of hardwood, routered with a fine, decorative edge, a stout brass rod epoxied to the side, gracefully curved to insert into a custom-made brass receptacle at  the bottom of the model.  I've also heat-treated acrylic rods, heating them carefully  over a stove burner then bending them til they cool.  

Many innovative ways to tackle the problem.  Wish there was a book on the subject.  

On 5/11/2023 at 7:21 AM, joeltc said:

I bought one a few years ago and found the rubber parts that make contact with the model took paint off. And I use lacquer paints which are meant to be the most durable. Apparently Im not the only who found this happening either.

I found the same issue.  
Was using these stands to hold my kits during painting but found the touch-points were leaving marks in my paint finish.

Collin 

22 hours ago, Collin said:

mSPFScN.jpg2DzWGdl.jpgygzJgP6.jpgCyUu363.jpgEYEjjos.jpgfAEwjtQ.jpgsWZj5bJ.jpgNTA95Cc.jpg

Beautifully done!!!  Really, really nice!!  I love the minimal contact point between the model and the stand, and the ability to select an orientation.  The ONLY negative would be the inability to (easily) change the orientation, without significant plastic work, but maybe it's simpler than I'm thinking.  Again, BEAUTIFUL work!