"Departing Sedalia," The Boeing B-47 Stratojet

Hi everyone. This is my latest work, which I titled "Departing Sedalia."

departing-sedalia-boeing-b-47-stratojet-

From my website: “Departing Sedalia” features a Boeing B-47 Stratojet as she weaves through broken clouds flying above rich Missouri farmland fields while departing the airspace of what was formerly Sedalia AFB. B-47s were flown by the 340th Bomb Wing at what was first known as Sedalia AFB near Sedalia, Missouri. The 340th BW was at that time one of Strategic Air Command’s newest bombing wings, and the Stratojet was SAC’s first all-jet swept-wing bomber. The 340th BW received its first B-47 in March 1954. The base was renamed Whiteman AFB on December 3, 1955. The 340th BW gradually phased out operations at Whiteman and transferred to Bergstrom AFB in September 1963. Today, Whiteman AFB is home to the 509th Bomb Wing and the Northrop-Grumman B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.

This is available at Fine Art America and as a limited edition signed and numbered art print through my website.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2023 at 9:11 AM, Cajun21 said:

John,

Fantastic as always. Details are phenomenal.

Cheers, :cheers:

Itch

I tell ya, technology is great. When it works.  Ha! Just saw your compliment here and I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier. Thank you very much!

Safe skies,

-John