Tamiya 1:48 F-16C, 421st TFS Desert Storm

I originally started this as part of the F-16 GB, but don't really have much time to build.

Anyway, this is my rendition of the Tamiya kit built as a Block 40 jet in Desert Storm.  Some things I could have done better, but I just wanted to put this away on the display shelf and move on to another model.  Maybe one day I will replace the Hasegawa boarding ladder ..

q4QhrgB.jpg

7XvfQL2.jpg

nfB4jQD.jpg

YH5F7oR.jpg

Edited by Benner
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 3:20 PM, Matthew83128 said:

Great build. There's a really good book out there called "Viper's In the Storm" about the squadron during Desert Storm I'd highly suggest reading it. One of the guys friends was my Squadron Commander when I was stationed at Luke AFB.

I did read that book long ago, it was the primary reason i choose a jet from the 421st TFS as a block 40 build for my DS Build theme.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:20 PM, Matthew83128 said:

Great build. There's a really good book out there called "Viper's In the Storm" about the squadron during Desert Storm I'd highly suggest reading it. One of the guys friends was my Squadron Commander when I was stationed at Luke AFB.

Rosie who wrote the book,is still flying but for the airlines now. I started talking to him in after reading his book several times while pulling ONW duty in 2003. If he's not globetrotting in an Airbus,he's usually training for marathons or playing golf.

Beautiful clean build of the F-16C just before it's first mission 😉  I've just embarked on building my Tamiya 1/48 F-16C from Desert Storm... hoping mine will look as good as yours.

Cheers,

-Greg