SWAMPS Model Show, Sulpher LA.

Great show! I used to be a member of SWAMP but moved away a little. Probably going to be there. It's a new venue they are hosting at, I believe this is just the second year in the Sulphur location but it's still really good. And yes it's true, the membership is very small so they rely on volunteers from other clubs to help judging. In my opinion, that is part of what makes it a good show as well. I do however miss the gumbo they used to be able to sell at the other venue. Highly recommended. Go the full weekend and you can go catch the Thunderbirds at the Airshow in Lake Charles on Sunday.

Bill

13 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Great show! I used to be a member of SWAMP but moved away a little. Probably going to be there. It's a new venue they are hosting at, I believe this is just the second year in the Sulphur location but it's still really good. And yes it's true, the membership is very small so they rely on volunteers from other clubs to help judging. In my opinion, that is part of what makes it a good show as well. I do however miss the gumbo they used to be able to sell at the other venue. Highly recommended. Go the full weekend and you can go catch the Thunderbirds at the Airshow in Lake Charles on Sunday.

Bill

Out and back for me.  4 of us are riding together to cut costs.

I always volunteer to Judge, local folks (IMO) are busy enough running the show and volunteering cuts their workload down.

I'll have three models in, but it's rare for me to win anything.

1 hour ago, Da SWO said:

Out and back for me.  4 of us are riding together to cut costs.

I always volunteer to Judge, local folks (IMO) are busy enough running the show and volunteering cuts their workload down.

I'll have three models in, but it's rare for me to win anything.

Seems like S.A. always has a pretty good showing at the SWAMP/Calmex show, Dick Montgomery and gang are some good people!

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Seems like S.A. always has a pretty good showing at the SWAMP/Calmex show, Dick Montgomery and gang are some good people!

Dick's a great guy, think he is in charge of registration for Nationals.