Thoughts on the Great Wall Hobby L7205 1/72 F-15C MSIP II USAF & ANG Kit

Thanks for that as I appreciate it.....anyone from a modeler's perspective in building the kit and it's particular characteristics ? Build-ability, accuracy, quirks etc. I watch these birds fly over my house almost daily and have followed the 142nd FW for years with great interest. This weekend is the OR International Airshow in Hillsboro so they will be putting on a show....

Bob

3 hours ago, spacecraftcreator said:

Thanks for that as I appreciate it.....anyone from a modeler's perspective in building the kit and it's particular characteristics ? Build-ability, accuracy, quirks etc. I watch these birds fly over my house almost daily and have followed the 142nd FW for years with great interest. This weekend is the OR International Airshow in Hillsboro so they will be putting on a show....

Bob

Hey Bob,

if the 72nd scale kit is anything like their 48th scale kit, it will be a easy build!  I’ve built several GWH F-15 C/E’s and have no issues.  I’ll be in Hillsboro this weekend too!  Looking forward to a great show!  And the RedHawks always put on a great show for the home town folks!

Brad

Good to know on the GWH kits....... may I ask about the Academy 12506 F-15C Eagle MSIP II 173rd Fighter Wing 1/72 Scale Model Kit ..... how does it stand up against other kits in that scale ?   Enjoy the Airshow as it looks to be a good day for it. I can't be there due to our daughter moving tomorrow....sob....

Bob

4 hours ago, spacecraftcreator said:

Good to know on the GWH kits....... may I ask about the Academy 12506 F-15C Eagle MSIP II 173rd Fighter Wing 1/72 Scale Model Kit ..... how does it stand up against other kits in that scale ?   Enjoy the Airshow as it looks to be a good day for it. I can't be there due to our daughter moving tomorrow....sob....

Bob

Hey Bob,

I prefer the GWH kit to the Academy’s offering!  Both kits have issues, but in my opinion the GWH is a better/easier build…just my two cents!