Quinta Sets for Meng F-4G?

Hey All,

I see there are a few Quinta sets coming for the Meng F-4G.  I have the Meng kit, but the Quinta sets state that they are for an 'early' or 'late' Meng F-4G.  Am I missing something, or can the Meng F-4G kit be built as as 'early' or 'late' version, or are the differences between early and late completely covered in the Quinta decal sets?  I'm going to get a Quinta set for my Meng jet, just at this point, I'm not which one(s) would be appropriate.  Any thoughts?

I believe the "early and late" refers to whether the aircraft had the DMAS modifications which made the rear cockpit digital.  So the particular quinta set you use will include the right IP for the aircraft you are building.

All F-4Gs had DMAS incorporated during their 'sex change' from E to G. 

the only difference from 'early' to 'late' is the APR-38 to APR-47 computer system(s), none of which is going to be visible in the cockpit, aside from some labeling of switches. 

Jake

10 hours ago, jmel said:

the only difference from 'early' to 'late' is the APR-38 to APR-47 computer system(s), none of which is going to be visible in the cockpit, aside from some labeling of switches. 

Jake

That's why I shouldn't answer questions about aircraft.🙄

On 5/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, jmel said:

Jake, arguing with you makes me uncomfortable but in your own "The modern Phantom guide" you wrote that the F-4G fleet recieved DMAS only in mid-1980s.
And if you look at the cockpit diagrams given in T.O. 1F-4G-1 (ed. 1993), you will see that the cockpits without and with DMAS had far more differences than just "some labeling of switches", the most notable of which IMO was keypad on the rear right side panel.

Edited by brahio
5 hours ago, brahio said:

Jake, arguing with you makes me uncomfortable but in your own "The modern Phantom guide" you wrote that the F-4G fleet recieved DMAS only in mid-1980s.
And if you look at the cockpit diagrams given in T.O. 1F-4G-1 (ed. 1993), you will see that the cockpits without and with DMAS had far more differences than just "some labeling of switches", the most notable of which IMO was keypad on the rear right side panel.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct.  Thank you for setting me straight!

The DMAS was part of the upgrade in the mid 1980s. 

Jake